Sign in to follow this  
NewBoard

Printing in different orientations

I have a database, which has two printable forms. One has been designed in portrait, and the other in landscape. Both of them are only ever printed using buttons tied to script steps, never manually. I was hoping that there would be some way to specify orientation via the script. However, after some poking around of my own and light Google searching I am thinking this may not be so easy.

I am able to go into Print setup to change the orientation just fine, however this sets it for the entire database which is not all around helpful. While specifying the options in the print step, I am able to change orientation. For some reason though, this changes the default orientation across the entire database. Not even while running the script, but just specifying it in the options of the script step. So now I'm at a loss.

If this is not able to be done, redesigning one of the forms wouldn't be that difficult. But if there's a way to do what I'm trying to do, any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Create two scripts:

Name:  Print: Portrait

Print Setup [ Restore ; Dialog Off ] ... and set the orientation to portrait

Repeat with Print: Landscape

Then use script trigger attached to the layout ( Layout> Layout Setup > Triggers tab and select the script as a trigger to the OnLayoutEnter.  Now it will automatically switch to the correct orientation.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By PatrickDes
      Hello everyone,
      I have a Preference table with status options. The user can create a new status and through a script can assign a color (see attachment). The calculation is the following: 
      Allow user abort [off]
      Set error capture [on]
      Set variable [$start ;  value: Get ( ActiveSelectionStart )]
      Set variable [$end ;  value: Get ( ActiveSelectionStart ) + Get ( ActiveSelectionSize ) -1 ]
      Insert Calculated Result [ TextColor ( Middle ( Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) ;  Get ( ActiveSelectionStart ) ; Get ( ActiveSelectionSize) ) ; Get ( ScriptParameter ) ) ]
      Set Selection [ StartPosition : $start ; End Position : Send$ ]
      The ScriptParameter has the color values in RGB: RGB ( 237; 41; 190).
      The Status field is pulled into a Value List for the Product table. Is it possible, once the status is used in the Product table , to convert the text color into a conditional formatting? Is my approach wrong? I am trying to give the user some flexibility.
      Thank you for guiding me.

• By Agnes Riley
      I'm getting "The file "" could not be opened. Either the host is unavailable, or the file is not available on that host."
      This happens when a script runs. Not a new server, no new files. The file is actually open in the background. The file reference is just "file:".
      I restarted the server. Didn't fix it.
      FMS18.03
      It's apparently intermittent. I copied all the script steps to a new script, then it worked 3 times, but couldn't find the file for the 4th time.
      Any ideas?
    • By nsdodgers
      Hello, I have a number field where I want the user to be able to enter things like:
      42 (only item 42) 12+82 (only items 12 and 82) 1-5 (items 1 through 5) 31,33,35,37 (only items 31,33,35,37) So I am need of a way for filemaker to deal with the operators '+' '-' and ','
      Do you have any advice on how I can separate out the item numbers?
      Thanks!
    • By stuee
      Hi, in the same table i have 3 fields.
      Name   (this is the drop down of names)
      Timecompleted
      Datecompleted

I want to have so when a person selects their name in the drop down to complete this task that the current time stamp is filled in.
      I cant seem to get it to do that but ideally i would like just one field with timestamp   15:30  21/02/2019

I also have about 50 tasks which people can do so hoping a more simple way instead of a fll script for each one.

Hope that made sense

Cheers
    • By Oyseka
      Hi all, I need to go to different layouts depending on device and parameters and while the script functions fine for the desktop I can not get it to go to the correct layout in the iPhone. What am I doing wrong.
      Sorry all, found my level of stupid and answered it myself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.