ValueList Importing from one field to another

This topic is 2257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Totally not sure if I've put this thread in the right topic category, as I'm not even sure how to go about this. First, I'd like to be very clear on the fact that, if possible, this will be done without scripting. I'm hoping for some kind of calculation. IDK. Anyway, I'm trying to copy or Calc one field from an older record to its newest match (using BatchNum field to match). The two fields are different fields (FormNum is the ID number field) (RefID is the the reference field for FormNum ). RefID would allow the user to find the last time the same arrangement of data (FormNum being its ID number) was used. It's meant as sort of a skipping stone effect, if that makes sense.

My thought was to create a filtered value list of some kind and just set RefID with the highest ID number from FormNum, prior to the newest entry. Or organize by newest Date Created, prior to the newest entry. Again, IDK.

I'm quite stumped and hope this rambling makes sense to you very helpful people. Thanking you in advance....

Edited by Ponderosa
elliminating confusion

Hi Ponderosa,

I'm not sure what you are asking, but have you looked at the Lookup function?

Please use the real names for Fields, Relationships, Scripts, etc. Field A, Field B, etc. only adds to the confusion, and does not paint a picture of what you have now and what you are trying to accomplish.

Lee

Perhaps you can upload a copy of your file.

You are describing something like doing a lookup. See the online help for the Lookup Function

Your title used Value List, if this is a desire to import a value list, that falls under Copy and Paste, However I don't think that was what you meant.

This topic is 2257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.