Sign in to follow this  
normanicus

fmp17 FM17 add Filemaker data source via 'Hosts'

In previous version of Filemaker I've been able, in the relationship graph, to 'add a Filemaker data source'. The dialogue, as in the image, after clicking 'Remote' showed only the 'principal' Filemaker file but I could replace the name with the file I sought to add manually.

70490114_FM16dialogue.png.78a690eb97e2f69e8bd002436a1100c7.png

Now, with FM17 I no longer have this option. So, how do I add another of the served files as a data source?

I suspect I am missing something simple

For 17, when you click "Hosts" ( renamed from "Remote" ), you will get the Hosts window. In the upper right, is a document icon with "...". Click that.

:)

Screen_Shot_2018-06-05_at_1_05_31_PM.thumb.png.6f6a3f2c288dcb5a5575fea1e4cb20ea.png

• Like 1

Thank you.

I knew if must be simple but I actually searched for answers for quite a while.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By john9210
      This is a problem I frequently have. I can't custom format a date in the Inspector. I can't make a selection because the drop down menu becomes a long vertical blue stripe and selections are not available. I wonder if this is a FMP problem or a Windows 10 problem. Does any one else have the same problem?
    • By john9210
      I have a flat file database with only one table. However, I cannot not delete records. I get the error "This operation cannot be performed because one or more required related tables are missing".

However, I can create records, just can't delete them. Obviously, I don't have a related table.
    • By genious
      I have a couple of questions before I take the plunge back into Filemaker after a long absence.  When purchasing the annual contract can someone explain what a user is?  Is it the number of people that can use filemaker at one time or does everyone that will want to get online need a separate licence?  For instance would I need one licence when I access from at home and one from work.  I might have many people sharing machines etc.

Also there is a limit of "2 GB outbound data transfer per user, per month — tracked annually."  What is this telling me?  My databases will tend to be quite large as we use thousands of hi-res photographs.

• By BAleiHi
      Hi,
      My solution opens an Excel file and loops through 3 tabs in it, importing and processing the contents of each.  What I really need to do is get the user to specify an Excel file (preferably by opening a script generated default directory and filtering to only Excel files...something I can't seem to get to happen) then, in a loop, import data from 3 separate tabs in the file (tab names are fixed but import mapping is different for the different tabs) and process that data.
      When I'm running locally I can get the input file name by using Insert File into a container to hold on to the file name and can set up the imports specifying the filename, tab, and import order for each import step.  This seems like a really clumsy way to get a filename that can be accessed multiple times without repeated user input, but it seemed to be the only approach back when I wrote .V1 of this script (a couple years back).  But it worked for a local database.  Now I'm trying to run from FM Server where Insert File is not supported.  So how do I do this?  I'm running on Mac and Windows so any solution that involves plugins needs to work for either (seamlessly).
      Conceptually, this seems to be very simple ... get a filename and access it multiple times.  But I'm tearing my hair out trying to make this work.  Thoughts or guidance?  Thanks
    • By Bryan
      I want "Continuity Header Calc" to take "Group_Header" if it exists. If it does not, take Scenes:Scene Header

I tried making the calculation with this:
      If ( IsEmpty ( Group_Header ) ; Scenes::Scene Header {; Group_Header} )

But it gives me the error:
      "The specified field cannot be found"

I think I'm missing something...
      Thanks in advance!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.