normanicus

fmp17 FM17 add Filemaker data source via 'Hosts'

In previous version of Filemaker I've been able, in the relationship graph, to 'add a Filemaker data source'. The dialogue, as in the image, after clicking 'Remote' showed only the 'principal' Filemaker file but I could replace the name with the file I sought to add manually.

70490114_FM16dialogue.png.78a690eb97e2f69e8bd002436a1100c7.png

Now, with FM17 I no longer have this option. So, how do I add another of the served files as a data source?

I suspect I am missing something simple

For 17, when you click "Hosts" ( renamed from "Remote" ), you will get the Hosts window. In the upper right, is a document icon with "...". Click that.

:)

Screen_Shot_2018-06-05_at_1_05_31_PM.thumb.png.6f6a3f2c288dcb5a5575fea1e4cb20ea.png

• Like 1

Thank you.

I knew if must be simple but I actually searched for answers for quite a while.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tom Assia
      Hello everyone,
      i'm making a study about changing our phone system.
      The main interest would be to use IP system and get data back. For example, when some on call, with Windows you could use TAPI for getting back the number and make a request in your database system (sales forces, etc).
      I don't find anything about connecting FILEMAKER with TAPI and more useful for me using IP Phone to open FILEMAKER database with Mac Os
      Did someone already work on it ?
      Tom
    • By -dp-
      I develop on a Mac (10.13.6) using FMPA 17. I would prefer to code in a text editor, and have recently become aware of the TextMate + FileMaker Bundle option. From my initial test drive, I prefer this environment to working in Script Workspace. But before I make the investment, I wanted to see if anyone has found an option that is better still. (The path of least resistance for me would be for FileMaker to be a language option in BBEdit, but I haven't been able to find that anywhere.) My primary desires for this coding environment would be choosing my own font (and size), code coloring, code folding, snippet expansion, and the ability to control everything from the keyboard without having to reach for the mouse. I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has found such an environment, and from anyone who has been using TextMate and can comment on that experience. Thanks.
    • By IP C
      Hello All,

Its been 2 months since I started using Filemaker. Now this is my first post. In the attached file Im trying to make something like Bill of Materials. I have a Product Table, Stock table and Components Table. The relationship is Below

My Problem is when I update my Stock table using a portal in my Popover it always shows the balance to my Stock Portal. What I want is It will show the Individual Stock as I choose each Product.

Please help me correct my mistake & Please see attached file for reference.

Thank you so much in Advance.
      Product Allocation.fmp12
    • By Gismo12
      Hi All,

Please could you assist in how to use chart, scattered with straight lines as in excel?
      File Maker seems to only have scattered but not the sub section of "with straight lines"
    • By Lola
      Hello All,

I have two tables, Material table and Material Transaction table In my material table I have the Quantity on Hand a Calculation Field (Sum ( Material Transactions::Units In | Out ))  and on my Material Transaction I have the following Fields Quantity Dispensed ; Quantity Returned ; Type (Auto Enter Data "In") ;  Units In | Out which is a calculation field(If ( Type = "Out" ; 0 - Quantity Returned ; Quantity Returned )

In my portal from Material Transaction I have a button bar (In | Out) which there is a single step script that set the type into In or Out which is not working and my Quantity on Hand and my Quantity Returned is not matching which is my problem. I want also that my Initial value for Quantity returned is my Quantity Received from my parent table. 

Attached is the file that I'm working.
      Thank you so much in advance.
      Material Transaction.fmp12

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.