normanicus

fmp17 FM17 add Filemaker data source via 'Hosts'

In previous version of Filemaker I've been able, in the relationship graph, to 'add a Filemaker data source'. The dialogue, as in the image, after clicking 'Remote' showed only the 'principal' Filemaker file but I could replace the name with the file I sought to add manually.

70490114_FM16dialogue.png.78a690eb97e2f69e8bd002436a1100c7.png

Now, with FM17 I no longer have this option. So, how do I add another of the served files as a data source?

I suspect I am missing something simple

For 17, when you click "Hosts" ( renamed from "Remote" ), you will get the Hosts window. In the upper right, is a document icon with "...". Click that.

:)

Screen_Shot_2018-06-05_at_1_05_31_PM.thumb.png.6f6a3f2c288dcb5a5575fea1e4cb20ea.png

• Like 1

Thank you.

I knew if must be simple but I actually searched for answers for quite a while.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By trevix
      On windows 7 (VMware on OSX), using FMP17 and Microsoft Access 2016
      Trying to do a ODBC import and selecting the datasource, I get asked for Username and password, even if the Access DB is not password protected.
      The data sources are correct (tested from Livecode) and should be working without user name and password.
      On the properties of the ODBC pane setup the path seems correct (not pointing to 32): %windir%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
      What am I missing?
    • By Answers
      I have a customer that has 3TB of photos in the program Picasa. They use it to edit images and then put some in Filemaker. Currently the images are on a NAS. The problem is it seems to be getting slower and slower. Picasa is discounted so I'm looking for a replacement that can handle the large amount of images they take on the job site and interact with Filemaker, seamlessly. they run on a windows platform but would like to perhaps introduce iPads to the mix in the future.
      Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but I thought I'd give it a go.
      Any guidance on the matter would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By patstr@me.com
      Hi!
      I have a video in a global container field. If I play it in one record, say from start and for 10 seconds, and then move on to the next record, the video is from the beginning again. I would like the video to stay in the last paused frame, no matter what record I move to, Is this possible? And if so how?
      Thanks for any help
      Patrik
    • By poormh
      I use FMPro infrequently--and would be most appropriately described as a novice.  I've received help with the script below--but my portal isn't sorting by alphanumeric order--in the order I want it to. 
      I have a text field in my portal called __pkPosnCtrl.  There is a max string of 20 characters in this field but location of letters or numbers within the field vary.  The script allows my records to sort by toggling back and forth between ascending and descending order. There is an optional script parameter of "__pkPosnCtrl" which appears on a button over the portal label.  Below is the script (I've added comments to help me understand and remember what the script is doing.)
      Set Variable [$SP; Value: Get ( ScriptParameter)]
      If [IsEmpty ($SP)]
      Exit Script []
      End If
      # make sure a record is active
      If [Get ( FoundCount ) = 0]
      Exit Script []
      End If
      Set Variable [$SortField; Value: Get ( ScriptParameter ) ]
      If [t01b_departments_POSITIONS::SortField = $SortField]
      # If the $SortOrder is not equal to 1 go ahead and set it to 1, otherwise set it to 0
      # Allows the enduser to toggle back and forth between ascending and descending order
      Set Field [_t01b_departments_POSITIONS::SortField = $SortField]
      Else
      # Since the $SortField is not equal to the column you just clicked go ahead and set the sort field
      # equal to $SortField (of that colum)
      Set Field [_t01b_departments_POSITIONS::SortField; $SortField]

# equal to $SortField (of that column)
      End If
      Commit Records/Request[]
      Refresh Window [Flush cached join results]

Additionally, I'm sorting the relationship between my parent table T01_DEPARTMENTS and my child table _t01b_departments_POSITIONS based on 4
      calculations:
      SortValueDynamicAscNumber, Unstored, from tblPOSITIONS, = Case (SortOrder=0; GetField (SortField))
      SortValueDynamicAscText, Unstored, from tblPOSITIONS, = Case (SortOrder=0; GetField  (SortField))
      SortValueDynamicDescNumber, Unstored from tblPOSITIONS, = Case (SortOrder=1; GetField (SortField))
      SortValueDynamicDescText, Unstored, from tblPOSITIONS, = Case (SortOrder=1; GetField (SortField))
      When I perform an ascending sort (descending is also an issue) the result I'm getting is: 
        DevGrantWritPt48s1 DevMktgCoordFt66s1 DevCorRelEvMgrFt80s1 DevPreCirPGMgrFt80s1 DevVpAdvanceFt80s1 DevGiftProDbaFt80s2 DevAnnFunRCIIFt80s32
      But what I want is:
        DevAnnFunRCIIFt80s32 DevCorRelEvMgrFt80s1 DevGiftProDbaFt80s2 DevGrantWritPt48s1 DevMktgCoordFt66s1 DevPreCirPGMgrFt80s1 DevVpAdvanceFt80s1

Any ideas on how I can get the sort order I'm looking for?
    • By preit
      Hello, I have been using FMP for only two weeks, so please excuse my ignorance.
      I am using a trial version of FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced (17.0.2.205) on Windows 7
      After accidentally deleting my primary layout, I successfully copied it from a backup. However, since then I have not been able to switch to table view. Both the button and the menu command are greyed out. Is there another step that I must do to be able to use the other views? I guess I could try to make a layout that mimics the table view, but I'd prefer to fix what I have broken.
      Thank you

• Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    Lee Smith  Ocean West  escott 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.