This topic is 728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there

My database downloads a map (Google Map API), based on coordinates within the database records. I have the same field on another Layout (intended for printing) which is (currently) downloading the same map, every time. Unfortunately, it won't print. I'm guessing because the database itself is so large -around 1000 records- that it's trying to download the maps for every record prior to printing, locking the whole system up.

So my query: as the coordinate data related to each record is quite static, is it at all possible to simply download the map Once, store it and reuse the stored map in another layout? Also, is there a way to have FMP or the Google API check if there have been any changes to the coordinate data since last Map download, and only refresh the map if the data has been modified?

Many thanks!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is 728 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Tondats
      Hello guys, good evening!
      I'm from the Philippines. Just wanna ask if I can use Filemaker to make a website? Just like Wordpress and Joomla.
      If Yes, then what are the steps that I should do?
      Thanks!
    • By peter100
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to get attaching files go mails generated using FM17 to work. The idea is to attach a variable file to a mail-message generated for a specific record. The filename for the attachment is specific to the record and I've got a field that generates that filename (fileNamejpg01).

I'm using the send mail option in a script (which is working) and the option to attach a file by giving a file path. That file path looks like this:
      file:../../../Desktop/werkmap/Beeldmateriaal/instagram/$fileNamejpg01 
      The variable part is "$fileNamejpg01" and I'm sure I'm doing something really dumb ... but don't find anything that solves the problem (or that I at least understand).
      Hope someone can help!
      Thanks, Peter
    • By Helder Moreira
      I have in my small store, a sales system running on a POS with an extra display, for the customer to see what is being added to the invoice. How do I make the filemaker present on this small monitor the summary of what is being sold?

how can I maker filemaker to display on the second monitor only the invoice.
    • By ch53
      Hello,
      I've come upon a strange phenomenon, and wonder what could have gone wrong: In layout mode, I select gray solid coloring for a couple of fields and their labels, but in Browse mode (both list and table views), the colors fail to show in some instances. Only in form view, everything is displayed as expected. Neither restarting FM nor the PC (win10) helped. I assume that the solution is simple, but somehow I can't come up with it, therefore: Many thanks in advance for helpful comments!

• By John Link
      I'd like to be able to export a text file that would contain several fields from a single record, with each field on a separate line. Here's an example: John Q Public
      111 West First Street
      New York, NY 10001
      How might I do that? I know how to export csv or Excel files, but they don't satisfy my need.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.