Relationship Problem???

This topic is 1757 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everybody,

I recently amended a db from an old Lynda course, controlling shore excursions for river cruise ships. For my limited expertise (I am still a rookie at the very best) the construction is somewhat complex as there is many vessels, different routes, different charterers and consequently different shore excursion programs and prices. In some cases the shore excursion program of different vessels and operators is similar but not the same and so on.

I have 7 different tables partly related (pls see graph attached):

For every journey ::customers and ::trip are assigned a tour code and date (“tour code” is not unique as journeys repeat themselves during the season, “Tour Code” in conjunction with “Date” is unique)

Every tour operator/vessel has many trips on every journey. All table occurences and fields are uniquely defined by unique id.

Now I want to create an opening layout reflecting all relevant cruise information such as passenger list from ::customer and ::trip (shore excursions) for the specific journey, as well as other information in text fields.

But I seem to be unable to get the right relationship and layout setups together. I tried all possible relations and layout setup combination but nothing worked so far.  

On the same layout I was able to either retrieve the passenger list from ::customer for each journey or the offered shore excursion (trip) list from ::trip  but not both together on one layout.

What is it, I am doing wrong? Any ideas are appreciated

Relationships.jpg

This topic is 1757 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.