Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Just gotta Rave about htis feature..

This topic is 7330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just have to get hsi one out of my system... I love that new ability to set any field to a calc field to format the field.

I've got a bunch of users that are used to DOS bases systems where they get to type "T" into date fields to automaticaly insert Todays Dates. They also are in the habit of typeing "T+3" to get the date for three days from today, among some other formulas like this.

Now I can use a text field with some fancy schmancy calculations to give them that function. AND..

I get to set the settings to accomidate all those who still hit ENTER or RETURN to move from field to field. (I used to have to do all sorts of fixes to get rid of unnecessary carriage returns at the end of every field entry.

Yippeee....

Now if I could just get a ******* Server version of 7 I'd be ready to actually use it! This, along with no firm release date is one of my biggest sumbling blocks... how can I tell my customers to go with version 7 if they have an urgent need?

C'mon.. FileMaker, We need a real release date if we are going to start using this great version.

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7330 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.