Layout Mode Behaving Bizarre...

This topic is 7302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have noticed a strange problem in FM7...one of many unfortunately. When I try to move any graphic (image, field, text) I can move it only a short distance then I get a black circle with a slash through it and the move doesn't work. I also have seen graphic elements change to diffeent layers after such a move...requiring the elements to have to be brought back to the foreground to be seen. Each time I drag an element, the screen flashes and frequently gray boxes appear. These problems are noted in addition to the fuzzy text, fuzzy graphics, slow layout response, etc, etc. I don't know much about programming, but it seems to me that the entire grpahics "engine" for FM7 needs a major overhaul. This is very frustrating...

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

Shadowdoc,

Everything you have noted I have been seeing for some time now. I finally had the final straw with FM7 yesterday when a simple portal relationship failed to work. This was for a very simple two table solution I was putting together for myself. I have since recoded it in FM6 and everything works great.

I will not do any more development in FM7 until all of the previously discussed problems have been resolved.

This topic is 7302 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.