Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Found Set in Portal

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

How do I do a "Find" in one table and then have that found set be displayed in a related portal?

For instance: One table named Client, another Jobs. Jobs has a field "Status", and I want to show all of the records that are Status=Closed (or user-definable from a pop-up menu) in a portal on the Client's table screen.

How?

Thanks!

-T

yay.gif

Don't bother with the find. This what we used to call a filtered portal. We had to make a special key in both files. Now in FMP 7 you can define a relationship that will do this. I assume that Client ID= ::Client ID is used in a normal portal. Use this with an AND Status = ::Status. In the client table status can be a global.

• Newbies

Ralph:

I don't understand what a filtered portal is?

I understand using two relationships, but I don't understand the use of a global variable and how it will help me. If I change the value of the global, won't all of the records appear when I do the relationship?

Thanks!

-Tim

With a filter portal you do the fine by a relationship. In your case Client ID= ::Client ID AND Status = ::Status. This is one relationship and it requires that both match. Thus you fine all jobs for a client whose Status is whatever you set it in the Client table. I suggested a global in the client table since it not really data but a field for performing your search.

This topic is 7255 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.