Setup Documents

This topic is 7248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all. I am new to FileMaker Pro, and have a question on which direction to go to use it the way I want. I am independantly employed, and when I am hired for a job, I bring up and print a lot of different types of documents. I also have to create my invoices, and keep track of estimates, and received payments. The documents are Excel Documents, Word Documents, Pictures, Quickbooks data, and address/contact information (through Address Book, or Now Contact). Is there a way that I can create a grouping that I could recall all this information automatically? For instance, if I type in the name of the engineer who hired me, I would like to have either a thumbnail come up (which I could click on to open the file in the native program, or just print it right there), or just have a link come up that I could click on. That way I could see the setup pictures, setup notes, past billing, contact info for him, etc. all in one place. I don't mind taking the time and setting up all the links between the programs, or what ever it takes. I am not looking for a quick one-day solution, I am expecting this to take some time, and that's fine. Any help on getting FileMaker Pro to link to other programs, or any other suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

This topic is 7248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.