help with doing a report

This topic is 7168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I was wondering if someone can help me out. here is the deal, i have attendance database. I want to find out what the total of hours a person attended for a class. example would be for Technique(T1) or (T2)

The list of classes is T1...T8 but also A1...A8. I want create a report that show the total of hours a student did through for the class like T1...T8 or A1...A8.

any help would be appreciate it.

Hi, s! I was about to recommend SUMMARY FIELDS when I realized I was probably thinking of your database structure incorrectly. What I mean is, now that I think about it, you probably have a database of students with various class fields on each student record.

In that case, you can create CALCULATION FIELDS; something like

T_total = T1 + T2 + T3 + T4+ T5+ T6+ T7+ T8

If this does not seem like it will work, describe your database and fields a little more and someone should be able to help you out.

--ST

Steve,

i thought about Summary fields too. Basically i have a field call H_missed for hours missed and i have another field call Classname which save the T1...T8 and A1...A8. Basically, i want to know what it is the total hours of Techniques(T1...T8) a student have have missed and the same goes for Anatomy (A1..A8). i just want to find out what the total hours student misssed for the class. I want to know what is the total hours of techniques they missed.

I have included a diagram to give you overview how my database works.

diagram.gif

I think you need three files: 1) student 2) class date 3) join. Each record of the join file will contain a student-class date. Then it's just a matter of putting the summary field (total) from the join file on the student layout. (I'm working with v. 7, so hopefully this will work with v. 6).

This topic is 7168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.