Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't launch FMP 6

This topic is 6832 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

When I attempt to launch FMP 6.0v1 on a Mac G4 now running OS X 10.4 (Tiger) (this also happened with OS X 10.3), I get the splash screen, then within 2 seconds, the application spontaneously quits. This happens whether I launch the application alone, or by double-clicking a database file.

There are no other copies running on my home network when I launch it. I have also repaired permissions on the hard disk before launching.

The last thing I did was to reinstall filemaker, then try to launch. Then, I repaired permissions again, and tried to launch one more time. Before that, I checked out the fonts folder, and disabled duplicate fonts, then removed those that did not pass validation test for font corruption.

Any ideas?

Hi, nice! If prefs/update still doesn't get you going, I'd try creating a new user, installing FM as that user, and then launching FM as that user just to see if it works. If it does, then it's probably a user-specific thing like prefs or permissions. If it doesn't, then it's probably an install/system kinda thing.

When you "repaired permissions", were you using the GET INFO way, chmod/chown way, or using the Disk Utility? If the 3rd, I think that will only check Apple system files and stuff.

You 'might' also be able to check your Console logs to see if there's any helpful info there, although I've only really done this on Server and don't know if regular X is as helpful.

If I had to guess, I'd guess it's permissions.

--ST

This topic is 6832 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.