Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Complete Newb Question About Filemaker

This topic is 6603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello group. As the title indicates, I am a complete newbie to Filemaker Pro. My boss at work purchaed it as a "gift" for me, but now I am expected to learn it and implement it.

My question is not so much how to do something, but more of "can Filemaker Pro do this?".

We have 4 inventories total. 3 are at different locations. Every week each location submits an Excel spreadsheet with their current on hand count.

Is it possible in Filemaker to create a solution that will allow me to import the inventory from the 3 different locations (Excel spreadsheets), compare them to the main inventory at the fourth location, generate a printable report of what needs to be shipped to each location based on the current quantity each location has and then finally look at the main inventory and suggest items to order based on the onhand count after the numbers have been carried over to the 3 other locations?

I hope I worded that right. Sounds confusing, but I have the flow in my mind. I just wanted to know if this is something Filemaker can handle?

Thank you in advance for your help.

This topic is 6603 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.