File Is locking up (!?) (as single user, can't add record)

This topic is 6481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Scenario: FMPA8.5, started in 8

Files ;) UI, DataA, DataB

UI display a record from a table in DataA with tabs.

DataA has the usual plethora of tables for a project tracking system.

DataB, with two tables, each with a handful of fields, is only for container attachments to two tables in DataA.

In the UI file, on a button on a tab from a record in DataA, I just made a script to attach a file by going to the Files tab where a portal to DataB lies, with add record via portal ON.

Seemed happy when I shut down yesterday.

Today I decided to log in as sub accounts to do some testing, and found that the portal row would NOT add to Data B.

Using a re-login script left me with the same problem with other accounts and [FullAccess].

I went to DataB directly [FullAccess] and New record was gray out.

Quit, reopened, and it was working again through the UI [FullAccess].

Went to DataB and the opening script (it goes to blank layout and locks s.bar) said there was a navigation error as though the desired layout was missing. Couldn't get out of browse/Status locked. Couldn't get to Define Database.

Quit again, and now all is working.

It's almost as though the program is tripping over itself to access this file.

All the privs seem in order. Same for all three files, all with write access to DataB. But testing with the sub accounts and using relogin seems to have caused the issue.

The relationships are still quite simple to DataB (just the one, projects to files). Most are done from within UI, except as needed for local field calculations in the data tables (Two in DataB Project[=]Files, Files[x]UI).

BTW - network sharing is off.

It occurs to me NOW this whole thing may because I re-logged in to one file, UI, but perhaps that confused the other open files as they were not "relogged-into"?

And perhaps my lowliest priv set to DataB is not allowing record creation? time to RTFM I guess. Hmm, but I had QUIT in between, so access to DataB should have been full...

Many thanks for your thoughts.

This topic is 6481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.