Find UnUsed Scripts

This topic is 6459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

t seems that I've posted my question to the wrong forum, sorry I'm new in here, so I hope that this time it's OK :)-)

---------------------------------------

I've imported an application from FM version 6 to version 8.04 advanced. Before importing I've remamed all the Scrips so that I can find them once all the databases imported to a main base as tables. Is there a way (using the DDR?) to find out all the non used scripts in the final application so that I can delete them?

Thank

S.A.

Edited by Guest

I've imported an application from FM version 6 to version 8.04 advanced. Before importing I've remamed all the Scrips so that I can find them once all the databases imported to the new main base as tables. Is there a way (using the DDR?) to find out all the non used scripts in the final application so that I can delete them?

Thanks

The DDR shows you all the places where a given object is used. For scripts, there are entries in the table for both layouts and scripts that use the script in question; these cover most of the spots where a script is used. There seem to be two exceptions: the script that is associated with startup, and scripts that are invoked from outside files. But if the two spots mentioned above are empty, then you can be confident that the script isn't used in the current file.

BTW, I always make backups right before I do any structural stuff like deleting scripts, just in case!

David

If your application isn't too big, you can do it manually. Run the DDR and look at the listing of scripts. It tells you which layouts use each script and which scripts use each script. Both blank means the script isn't used - unless you have them available under the Script menu. In the latter case, you do have a serious problem!

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.