Server Maintenance This Week. ×

9.0 breaks relative paths?

This topic is 6066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In 8.5, a database was created where a relative path for external reference-only images was established. We have since upgraded to 9.0, and the old relative paths work just fine. But adding new records causes the relative path to break.

Using “GetAsText ( Picture ) the difference can be seen.

All records created in 8.5 have a path like this, even when opened in 9.0:

size:714,711

image:images/Self Exclusions/SE-001.JPG

imagewin:/p:/Peoples/images/Self Exclusions/SE-001.JPG

When a record is created in 9.0, the following happens:

size:480,675

image:SE-133.jpg

imagewin:/p:/Peoples/images/Self Exclusions/SE-133.jpg

The database contains references to THOUSANDS of pictures, in several dozen directories, and at least a dozen pictures are added daily. Corporate policy dictates that I can not have access to the filemaker server we are running (which is another ball of wax entirely, and a solution is still a few months out), so after updating the database locally, it is deposited onto a network share for others to peruse (one user at a time, of course).

Because of the relocation, the literal file path breaks, which is to be expected. But the relative path (line 2 of the GetAsText function) of the 8.5 entries works and 9.0 is overly truncated.

I need to be able to maintain full relative paths on ALL new entries. I have a rather simple--and slightly painful script--that requires entirely too much effort to run.

Is there a way to enable the old style relative paths in 9.0? Am I missing an option somewhere?

This topic is 6066 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.