changing info in related fields

This topic is 8612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a file for Order Entry. It is related to a Customer file. My order entry file lists the Customer and has related fields to the Customer file that will automatically put in the shipping address.

My problem is, sometimes I have to ship the product to a different company and address, but still show that it was bought by the 1st company. This does not happen very often. Do I need to put in some kind of script to override the shipping address, and let me insert a different address in without changing my original customer file.

I'm stumped, I hope someone will please help me. There must be a simple way of doing this, but I'm new to this. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by Mary P:

I have a file for Order Entry. It is related to a Customer file. My order entry file lists the Customer and has related fields to the Customer file that will automatically put in the shipping address.

My problem is, sometimes I have to ship the product to a different company and address, but still show that it was bought by the 1st company. This does not happen very often. Do I need to put in some kind of script to override the shipping address, and let me insert a different address in without changing my original customer file.

I'm stumped, I hope someone will please help me. There must be a simple way of doing this, but I'm new to this. Thanks!

There are as many way to do as reason why you might need to.

One simple way is to allow the user to simply change the shipping information.

A more complex way is to have a button which starts a series of scripts, which allow the user to select another company and them copy that address information into the shipping address.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.