Need repeating fields relationship

This topic is 8612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a problem in getting a relationship made using match fields that have repetitions.

Example: Say I have separate repeating fields in a database named Printer Die Number, and Die Size. How can I see the Die Size in a related field when I choose the Printer Die Number. Now all I see is the first Die Size value in the related file, not values that are entered down the repeating list.

quote:

Originally posted by RVOIGT:

I have a problem in getting a relationship made using match fields that have repetitions.

Example: Say I have separate repeating fields in a database named Printer Die Number, and Die Size. How can I see the Die Size in a related field when I choose the Printer Die Number. Now all I see is the first Die Size value in the related file, not values that are entered down the repeating list.

DO NOT USE REPEATING FIELDS!!!!! They will not work with relationships. You should either use another related file or simply use multiple fields.

If repeating fields are necessary for some reason, then you could possibly setup a calculation field, which grabs the correct Die Size, based upon the Die Number. Then use this calc for the relationship.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8612 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.