Number Format

This topic is 8611 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm currently developing a database system for my school. I defined a number field call SSN(Social Security Number) and would follow the format xxx-xx-xxxx. I would like the dash(-) to always be in the 4th and 7th positions so the users don't have to type it out. In other words, whenever after the users type a number in the 3rd position, the cursor will jump to the 5th position.

I tried to look under the Number Format but couldn't figure it out, therefore any help from you would be very appreciated.

:rolleyes

------------------

Thank you very much,

quote:

Originally posted by Kiet:

I'm currently developing a database system for my school. I defined a number field call SSN(Social Security Number) and would follow the format xxx-xx-xxxx. I would like the dash(-) to always be in the 4th and 7th positions so the users don't have to type it out. In other words, whenever after the users type a number in the 3rd position, the cursor will jump to the 5th position.

I tried to look under the Number Format but couldn't figure it out, therefore any help from you would be very appreciated.

Do a search on www.databasepros.com for this, it is pretty easy once the format is know and thier are some examples on that site.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8611 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.