Portal Format

This topic is 8598 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We use a portal that links our invoice to a line items file. I am trying to design a new layout for the invoice right now and am having a problem printing.

The fields in the portal somehow block out the lines seperating the rows in the portal. This is a customer receipt that ships with thier invoice so I would like it to look as professional as possible.

I have tried every setting I could think of but I must be missing something.

Any ideas? The wierd thing is the portal is 18 lines deep, and the formatting only gets screwed up about 7-8 deep.

The usual solution to this whole mess is not to print an invoice from the Invoice file, but to use the Line Items file. If you use the "Goto Related Record/Show only related records" script step, you can easily isolate the records in Line Items associated with your invoice. Then you can use all of the normal layout formatting (Title Headers, headers, subsummaries, etc.) to format the Invoice in multiple pages any way you like. Common data from the Invoice file can be displayed in header or summary fields via a relationship. I've never used portals to print invoices in this situation, it's much too limited. -bd

[This message has been edited by LiveOak (edited November 02, 2000).]

This topic is 8598 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.