I can't print alot of text.

This topic is 8594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having a problem with my printing. Right now I am trying to make a database that creates form letters. I have one database that contains all all of the various static comments. The user selects the comments they want. Then a script copies all the comments into one field in a seperate "Documents" database. The user is given the oppourtunity to make changes to the form letter and then print. The problem I am having is that the form letter is usually quite large, 3-5 pages, and I only get one page of text. How can I set up a field to print it's entire contents without being constrained by it's field size in the layout?

------------------

I intend to live

forever... So far so

goo

quote:

Originally posted by JHinman:

I am having a problem with my printing. Right now I am trying to make a database that creates form letters. I have one database that contains all all of the various static comments. The user selects the comments they want. Then a script copies all the comments into one field in a seperate "Documents" database. The user is given the oppourtunity to make changes to the form letter and then print. The problem I am having is that the form letter is usually quite large, 3-5 pages, and I only get one page of text. How can I set up a field to print it's entire contents without being constrained by it's field size in the layout?

Make you layout huge, like 6 pages. Then size your field so that it fills the layout. With the field selected select Sliding/Printing, from the Format menu, and check the Sliding Up box. Then check the Reduce Size of Enclosing Part box.

This will cause the field and layout to shrink to fit the actual size of the data in the field, while still allowing the possibility of many pages.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8594 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.