copy records from external d/b to portal

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi to all.

I have purchase order database related to order details database(OrderDet). I am trying to write scripts that copy product list (from Product database) to order details portal of my purchase order database.

I defined relation(PRD) to Product d/b from order d/b using global field and use

Set Field["OrderDet::PRDname","PRD::Name"]. Unfortunately it copies just first record from Product d/b.

Also I can't delete records(portalrow) in my portals(using scripts). Is there anyway to display product list in my OrderDet portal in grouped view by categories. I can display categories in front of every product but it looks clumsy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I would probably skip the use of a portal and copy the information directly from Products to OrderDet. Global fields and a relationship based upon two fields as follows will do the trick:

Fields in both files: "Constant (calc, number) = 1

Relationship: "Always Match"

Constant = Constant

SetField to a global, move to the other file and copy from the global.Other relationships that display the data to be copied in the related file will, of course, also work.

I'm not sure what you mean by "grouped view", but you can specify a sort order for the portal's relationship that will sort by category. -bd

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.