PO database

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am working on a purchase order database. The person that originally made the database used FMPro2.1. I have upgraded to FMPro 5. The problem I am having is that the items on each PO are in a repeating field format. I want to extract data to see how many of what item in a certain time period the company orders so that I can set up the max. min. stock levels. If the item I want to look for isn't on the 1st line of the repeating field, thenI get bogus information. Is there a better way to go about this than using repeating fields??????

You can go thru a complicated set of calculations that look at the individual repetiton in each of your repeating field, export the repeating fields into a line item db that breaks out the repetitions into individual records. If I remember correctly, create you line items db, and then import the records from your current db. The import should ask you if you want to keep repeats in same record or create an individual record each rep.

HTH

Take a look at the "Invoice Report" thread in the ScriptMaker forum that I just answered. Please, please, please convert from repeating fields to a separate Line Items file! If you don't, things will continue to get harder to implement, especially in the area of reports! -bd

This topic is 8584 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.