CR and line feeds

This topic is 8555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good question John. I'm using WinBatch, a Windows scripting utility supposedly similar to Applescript and the Troi Files Plugin. One or the other of them is appending a CR and LF to the line in a control file that I using for communications between WinBatch and FM5.

Right now, I just backing off the last 2 characters in FM without doing any testing...this works but makes me nervous.

WinBatch looks a lot like Basic...it has over 500 functions and is very easy to use. It has a built-in debugger so you can step thru each line of code. With the compiler, you can create standalone EXEs with no royalties. I've got an EXE with eight functions: return the disk serial # (for a copy protection scheme), play WAV files, backup and restore to zip drives where the utility determines what drive letter (if any) the zip is attached to, create hidden files, etc. put up messages. It's very flexible and quick to develop in. You can do any sort of file manipulation, number crunching, string manipulation, windows,etc.

This topic is 8555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.