Should this nested test work?

This topic is 8548 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Except I want to know if the field that the cursor is currently in is empty. I don't want to hard-code the field name. I want to use Status(currentfieldname) to get the name then use the result to see if the field is empty by using the isEmpty() function. It doesn't seem to work that way and I must create a lot more code and actually name each possible field.

quote:

Originally posted by sprynmd:

Except I want to know if the field that the cursor is currently in is empty. I don't want to hard-code the field name. I want to use Status(currentfieldname) to get the name then use the result to see if the field is empty by using the isEmpty() function. It doesn't seem to work that way and I must create a lot more code and actually name each possible field.

Status ( CurrentFieldName ) will simply give you the name of the field and will never be empty.

There is no way to feed a variable field reference to any function. You can script a checking routine where it check to see which field you are in and then checks that field for its contents, but this requires you to program all possibilities beforehand.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8548 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.