Consolidated Time Reporting

This topic is 8534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am creating a project tracking system which has 3 time tracking files that relate to a master Projects file, based on departments. Data is entered through portals there and lives in each respective department file. In each TT file there are a few summary reports for time tracking which are sorted by month and year. These are fine on their own.

What I am trying to do is consolidate all three of these files for a report within the master projects file, where the time totals are already stored according to project. It is no problem to summarize the hours - the problem is to list everything by month and year in a nice neat consolidated report. Otherwise I have 3 Januarys, 3 Febs, etc, etc. What Im looking to do is have 5 fields - month, year, dept 1, 2, and 3 - and have a one page report that summarizes the above by month and year.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

quote:

Originally posted by Leatherpriest:

I am creating a project tracking system which has 3 time tracking files that relate to a master Projects file, based on departments. Data is entered through portals there and lives in each respective department file. In each TT file there are a few summary reports for time tracking which are sorted by month and year. These are fine on their own.

What I am trying to do is consolidate all three of these files for a report within the master projects file, where the time totals are already stored according to project. It is no problem to summarize the hours - the problem is to list everything by month and year in a nice neat consolidated report. Otherwise I have 3 Januarys, 3 Febs, etc, etc. What Im looking to do is have 5 fields - month, year, dept 1, 2, and 3 - and have a one page report that summarizes the above by month and year.

Well to start with you NEVER should have seperated the data in the time tracking files. They should all have been in one file with field for the DepartmentID.

However assuming that you have not done seperate development in each file, simply take a copy of one of the files and import the data from the other two files, now you have them all together in one file for reporting.

I would strongly advise that you combine them into one file altogether.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.