Sign in to follow this  
Jim Gill

IWP Server Ports 80 & 591 Configuration

Jim Gill    1

We are a summer camp and will be deploying Parent Accounts through IWP and would like to use port 591.  The problem is I can't figure out how to configure Filemaker Server to listen on port 591.  Port 80 is being used so it makes sense to use the alternate - but how??  The firewall is configured properly to port forward 591. 

We have no problem accessing the IWP database on the LAN using port 80 (haven't been able to test outside yet - as I stated above port 80 is in use) but when I change the port in the IP address to 591 - http://LAN.ip:591/fmi/iwp/res/iwp_home.html - nothing.  

I have searched but I can't find where to configure ports in Filemaker Server.

Here is what we are using:

Windows Server 2003 - latest SP & build

Filemaker Server Advanced 12 - latest build 

Thank you!

Jim

The configuration change is made in IIS, not in FIleMaker Server.  Then through the Admin Console run the deployment for Web Publishing and select IIS as the web server.  There are other options other than using Port 591.

Steven

Jim Gill    1

Thanks Steven - I'll let you know how we go.  What other options are you referring to?

A second external public IP address can be forwarded to the NAT address of the server using Port 80.  You can then call the databases with that address.  What other use is Port 80 encumbered with on this machine anyway?

Steven

Wim Decorte    455

As Steven is saying: if you have an existing website running on port 80, that does not prevent IWP from using the same port.  The FM traffic will be redirected by IIS to the IWP pages automatically through the URL syntax noted in red below:

http://yourWebServer/fmi/iwp

Jim Gill    1

Update:  My problem had nothing to do with a port conflict.   It was an IIS security setting where the Default Website (this is installed with IIS) -> Properties -> Directory Security tab ->  Ip address and Domain Restrictions had a denied access setting for 127.0.0.1 Once I cleared this and set all the Child dependencies to update to this setting (a dialog box will pop asking if you would like to update these dependencies) - boom smooth as silk.  Everything is working great now.  

I followed theses steps:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/248043

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jrich4411
      Good evening people.  As the title states, I am a complete newbie to FileMaker Pro.  I've done some fairly extensive work with Excel, but this is my first experience with databases.
      For now, I'm looking for advice and suggestions.  I promise I will have plenty of "how do I... " questions later, but for now I need to pick a direction to go in with my new project.  I've spent a bunch of hours viewing Intro to FileMaker tutorials on YouTube and I've experimented with creating a couple test databases.  If this is not the correct forum for this question, please let me know.
      So, my wife and daughter are heavily involved with riding horses.  I've been drafted into being on the Board of Directors for our state Quarter Horse Association (Quarter Horse is a breed like Thoroughbred or Clydesdale).   The first thing I discovered is that they have NO association membership database of any sort.   What they do have is simply a file folder of applications for members, one folder for each year.  Me being an I.T. geek by trade, I know there is a better way.  I've at least entered the info into a spreadsheet (my specialty) so we have the info electronically to be able to reference current membership status during our shows.
      I wish to create a database for the membership, which I've done so far.  It has basic info - name, address, etc.  I have an ID field that automatically increments with each record - seems to be a strong recommendation in the tutorials I watched.  I have a field that combines the first & last name fields which I plan on using for looking up membership info, sending renewals, etc later.  I also have a membership year field and here comes my first question.  When I renew a member for the new year, I want to keep the previous year's record in the database - should I ever want to print a report for 2016 membership in 2019 for instance, I can.  So I figure I need a static member ID field that is separate from the record ID field I already have that can be linked to another database which will hold that member's horse information.   Is it possible to have a field that will increment serially when I add a new member but will copy from the previous year's info when I renew a member for a new year?  
      I'm looking for any and all suggestions - links to videos that might help - suggestions for a better way of accomplishing my goal, anything at all.   I'm not a programmer so I don't have that background FYI.
      Thanks!

Jon
    • By vincenzo
      Hello, I am using l am filemaker 15 pro advanced in windows 10 computer (64 bit, 8gb ram).  I buy it few week ago and i converted my database from the old version fm5. The database work properly but it is very slow to open, about 60 second or more. I am working as standalone (no remote connection). I noted thta if the PC is offline (no network or internet connection) the database open in less that 6 second. It is very strange because I have not any ip configuration and any sharing option... what can be the problem?
      Thank you in advance
      Vincenzo
    • By Nestor
      Hi,  I'm importing records and have a date field that i need to use to set my Fiscal year, month, week based on the fiscal year starting February 1st and ending January 31st.
      Any ideas or sample i might be able to take a look.

Thanks in advance.

• By Joost Miltenburg
      LS,
      We recently migrated from FM14 to FM15 and suddenly some invoices come out strange after the saveAsPdf script step . ( see pic ). When in preview mode everything  seems to be ok and is printed to a printer ok.
      Theme : Classic, Font used : Calibri size 11 and 12.
      Problem occurs on Mac 10.11 and Win10 with FM15.
      When I do a print ( to preview ( mac )) and then save as pdf everything is also ok, so it seems to be related to the FM pdf renderer.
      However, not every invoice has this issue, but I wonder how data could cause this behaviour.
      Best regards !

• By Briana
      Hello,
      I'm very new to this program and need some assistance in creating a database. I've been watching Guy Steven's YouTube videos and I've learned as much as I could. I'm trying to create a "table" (where I can list specific medications) and a "checklist" (descriptions with "completed" buttons on each end of each row) in a section of my layout where I've created multiple tabs. I'd like to create a table under "Medications" and a checklist under "Checklist". 
      Would anybody be so kind to give me some pointers? I've never worked with databases before so I'm learning everything on my own via the internet. It'd greatly be appreciated.
      Thanks in advance,
      Briana

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.