Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help with design

This topic is 4031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am writing a phone dialing application to integrate with our case management system and can't figure one "logical" problem out.  Each morning I generate an on the fly list based on certain criteria of the clients to be called for that day.  The agents login to the system and it returns one record at a time and then they have to "wrap up" the call before getting the next lead.  My problem is this . . . One of the "wrap up" options is to schedule for a callback at a later date and time.  The date doesn't bother me, but I can't think of an easy way to make sure that that lead is triggered at that time?  When they schedule it I write to a TS field, but when I am only pulling a single record at a time I don't see how I can control getting that lead at the appropriate time.  

As I am writing this it seems clear that my only option maybe to pull the entire recordset then sort by this TS field so I can have a little control over what lead is picked?  If anyone can think of another trick that may accomplish this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

what is your script that pulls one lead at a time? What is the script that goes to the next selected record? Can you modify that script so that it looks to see if anything was scheduled for a callback and not attended to yet before it picks up the next random new call record?

PHP script, or FileMaker script?

I'd run a test across the entire list when a call is closed, and put any with a time set for callback to the top of the list for the next call if it's within the next 10 minutes. Or however long a call usually lasts.

Still only giving them one record at a time, but additional criteria in the find on the generated list.

This topic is 4031 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.