Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with what I thought would be a simple task. I can't figure out how to insert a portal row between exisiting items. I'm using the starter invoice template and just as there is "X" to delete a row I want a "+" button to add a row after the line item. 

So a user can add a row anywhere on the invoice layout wether it's between rows 1 and 2 or 10 and 11.  Can someone point me in the right direction? I have attached the sample file I've been working with.

thanks,

Robert

orginial invoice.zip

In order for a row to be inserted after a selected row, the portal would have to be sorted. This can be done either by sorting the relationship (a checkbox in the relationship graph) or by sorting the portal (a checkbox in the portal options).

Before you can set the sort order, you need a number field to store it. You'll then create a script to loop through the rows following the row you click on and set the sort field to itself + 1; and set the new record's sort to the row you clicked + 1.

Does that make sense?

• Newbies

Ok...this does make sense...i'll give it a try.  I have another question though in regards to the same invoice database.

How would you make it so that once a user adds a line item in the invoice if they try and make a change to a previous item, they get a warning message asking them if they are sure want to change the item?

thanks,

Robert

This topic is 3838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.