Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Outlook 2013 and 360Works Email Plugin

This topic is 2839 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First, a little background...

We discovered that after upgrading to Office 2013, FileMaker (both versions 12 and 13) will hang when the attached email script is run. This calls up the default email client, populates the Subject field, and then if you enter a TO address, some text in the body, and click the "X" to save a draft in Outlook, FileMaker freezes up and won't respond, resulting in having to kill the FM.exe process in Task Manager. The email draft is successfully saved in Outlook 2013, however, but FM doesn't seem to get a response back from Outlook and hangs in limbo.

All this works fine in Outlook 2010 but just not in 2013.

I'm wondering if the 360Works Email Plugin would allow us to call the default MAPI client (Outlook) and handle the back and forth communication between FM and Outlook more efficiently.

Looking at the demo code for the 360Works Email Plugin, I can successfully send email using it, but those outgoing messages aren't saved in Outlook (Draft or Sent Items) for the user to later reference. The demo code just seems to relay the email off the Exchange server.

Basically, is it possible to call up Outlook using this plugin, or should I be looking at a different solution entirely?

Thank you in advance!

Andrea Lain

post-110567-0-95139400-1393970718_thumb.

• 2 years later...

We just went through this.  As noted it was necessary to use Task Manager to force quit FileMaker.  Turns out we had to downgrade our Windows 7.x users to the 32 bit version of FileMaker and the problem went away.  Not an issue on the mac side.

Hi Andrea,

The Email plugin can not open the Outlook client. As you have seen it can only connect to and send mail via an SMTP server. I am surprised that you are not seeing these email messages in the sent folder. It may be that the outlook client needs to synced in order for these message to appear.

This topic is 2839 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.