Preventing a Privilege Set from Deleting Records

This topic is 3617 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want a privilege set that can create and edit records, but not delete them.  However, when I use the "create and edit" setting for a privilege set, it also seems to remove the ability for a user to right-click on a container to add a document/pdf/picture, etc.  Does removing the delete ability in a privilege set simply remove the ability to do anything with a right-click?

I want a privilege set that can create and edit records, but not delete them.  However, when I use the "create and edit" setting for a privilege set, it also seems to remove the ability for a user to right-click on a container to add a document/pdf/picture, etc.  Does removing the delete ability in a privilege set simply remove the ability to do anything with a right-click?

No, that's a result of the Menu Options setting in the Privilege Set.  By default that is set at its most restrictive option.  Change it to edit or to full.  As for delete, set that as a separate option by calling the Custom option from the menu for Create/Edit/Delete records.

Steven

• Like 1

This topic is 3617 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.