Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Accessing Web Direct Solution via Filemaker Pro

This topic is 3597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Would be most grateful if somebody could help please.

I have developed a WebDirect solution which all works fine.  I type in https://81.137.35.92/fmi/webd into my browser, it lists my database file named 'Portam' and I'm then able to log-in.

I'm also able to access the file via Filemaker Pro Advanced using the Open Remote File facility and selecting the host fmnet:/filemakerserver.cunliffes.local/, this then lists my file 'Portam' and like with above i'm then able to log-in.  I firstly have to make a VPN connection however to my office for my file 'Portam' to be listed when selecting the host, else my file doesn't appear. 

What's confusing me is that I recently asked for help via the forum with a few issues with my solution, and in providing the filemaker I.P Address only 81.137.35.92, and setting up an account for this person I seen via the filemaker server console that he had managed to log-in.  I know that a VPN connection isn't required, and he doesn't have a VPN set-up to allow him to connect into our office, so what is he doing differently?

It would be great if somebody could help as my client has just purchased Filemaker Pro to access the solution, instead of via the browser, and they don't have a VPN connection set up to connect into my office so at present they can't access it this way, only via a browser. 

Sorry if the above is a little confusing, have tried to explain it the best I can

Regards

Steve

To access remotely outside the VPN you need a public IP address that is port forwarded onPort 5003 to the internal address of the server.  Then you use the Internet as a Wide Area Network. This is similar to the Local Area Network inside your office.

Steven

This topic is 3597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.