Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello, I have been reading a lot from this forum but this is my first time posting a thread!

I would like to import into my Filemaker solution some information from my Google Contacts. I know that Filemaker could couple with web services, but accessing to this kind of information requires an Oaut 2.0 procedure from Google with Client Access key and secret. 

Does anybody know how to implement an Oauth 2.0 authorization in Filemaker?

Thank you vert much,

Roberto

• 1 month later...

Yep no custom headers. However you could create your own PHP handler to automate such a thing. You could even create a PHP file that gets the information from google and translates it to FMPXMLRESULT (using: https://github.com/Hiroakio/PDO2FMPXMLRESULT/).That way you could schedule an Import (from XML).

Or use a service like Zapier.com to create a simpler webhook if you don't want to do the PHP side.

Or a .NET handler (www.fmdotnet.org) or a Ruby handler (sixfriedrice.com/wp/products/rfm) or a Python handler (code.google.com/p/pyfilemaker/)

Whatever technology your customer has invested in...

My point is that PHP is very prominent in the FM world but not all potential customers have bought into it.  And there is nothing holding us back doing the same thing in other technologies.  Anything that can consume XML can be used.  The APIs listed above do the heavy lifting already.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This topic is 3194 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.