Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Save Selected Printer within Script

the Otter

This topic is 3484 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I work in a print shop, so there are many, many printers around here. Pretty much everyone with a desk has his or her own printer, not to mention the dozens of other printers around the office and on the shop floor.

I have a script that prints multiple forms in rapid succession, generally using other scripts as subroutines. I would like to have FileMaker show the Print dialog when the first form is printed, so the user can select which printer to send the forms to. However, I’d prefer if the user weren’t presented with the same dialog for each of the multiple (potentially many) forms to be printed, since the printer selected in the first dialog will always be the printer selected in the second, the third, the fourth, etc..

I know I’ve somehow accomplished something like this for one of my previous clients, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how I did it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Never mind… I don’t know why I didn’t come up with this immediately, but I checked “Print without dialog” and unchecked “Specify print options”. Voilà.

Sorry, Rick; I guess I didn’t explain myself well. I created a global variable $$PrintOptionsSet that gets cleared when the script begins, then set to True after the user selects a printer for the first form. Then it’s just a matter of using If/Else so that once the flag is set, it uses Print [No dialog] instead of Print [].

This topic is 3484 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.