Server Maintenance This Week. ×

User defined Initial Row for portal

This topic is 3488 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Fellow Filemakers!

I have a IWP solution which is working well apart from a couple of issues with Portals.

I have discovered that the "Go to Portal Row" does not work for IWP which is a headache for my users as they are often working with over 100 records in the portal I am referencing.  So the problem is the portal resets to the top after my users interact with the records.

I am thinking of adding two fields "Initial Row" and "number of row" and using the filter option on the portal to display the records the user specified.  But I am drawing a blank on how to achieve this.  I've done date range filters in portals and am thinking I want to employ a similar strategy.  If anyone could shed some light on this request I'd really appreciate it. - I've got Admin staff putting pressure on the big wig to replace my Filemaker solution with a boxed product so if I can get this solution working it would really help me out.

thanks

Jordan

To resolve this issue I use the repeating field technique - works really well in IWP and my users are super happy with it.

Let ([

InitialRow = Extend(zzInitialRecNum) + Get ( CalculationRepetitionNumber )

];

GetNthRecord ( Extend ( CommentsCrsGroup::comment )   ; InitialRow )
)

Only hang up I had was discovering that my zzInitialRecNum field also need to be wrapped in the Extend Function.

The Virtual List technique also worked but was noticeable slower at refreshing the data.

Can't help but feel I'm on the outside looking in when it comes to this website.......
How do you get replies to posts?

This topic is 3488 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.