Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 2932 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am looking fr a way to script the otherwise manual process of going to a particular record whose number you happen to know already.

In FM 14 Advanced- i go to records menu and pull down to "Go to record..."  and then click on GoTo... in the submenu. I am then presented with a little

dialog box which allows me to put my record number and off I go to the record. How do I script this ?

I will be hiding the menu tool bar area in my solution  so I wanted to put a button on the layout that would duplicate this functionality ... but cant find the step that pops up the dialog box ( NOT that dialog box, but the little one we were just talking about).

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin, welcome to FMForums!!

Script step is Go To Record/Request/Page[].  In that step, specify 'by calculation'.  Leave the calculation empty.  You can create a button and attach this single step to it - no need to actually create a script first.  :-)

Edited by LaRetta

35 minutes ago, LaRetta said:

Leave the calculation empty.

Just nitpicking a little: the trick is not to leave the calculation empty, but to deselect the "Perform without dialog" option.

Actually, to mimic the native behavior, you should specify Get ( RecordNumber ) as the calculation.  Otherwise the default value will be 0 - and if you accidentally press OK, you will get an error message.

I agree with your suggestion to insert Get ( RecordNumber) and I should have included that.

BTW, I considered the dialog checkbox but the default for 'perform without dialog' is unchecked which is why I didn't mention it. 

Thanks LaRetta works like a charm. I could nto find the option to check or uncheck "Perform without Dialog". 

SO when I click on 'by calculation..) and  the calculation dialog box pops up I dont see the option anywhere of checking or unchecking. 

But anyway it works. Thanks.

When you select the script step Go To Record/Request/Page[], there is a grey gear just to the right in the line.  When you click that, it displays the 'perform without dialog' checkbox and the option to specify the calculation.   It IS a bit awkward how those options are displayed on many script steps - you aren't the first one that's been caught off guard with them.  :-)

This topic is 2932 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.