Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Server 2012

This topic is 3765 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have FileMaker Server 11 Advanced on a Windows Server 2012 server. I know, FM is not supported on Server 2012, but FMA Server runs just fine except the IWP. I keep getting a 503 error message. I have been working on this for four days now and I really need someones help. I have a feeling that I will have to roll the server back to Windows Server 2008 R2. I would rather not do this since I can connect to my hosted files and they are running way faster than when they were on 2008 R2. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Randy

Roll back... you'll never get support from FMI while you are on 2012.

One thing to try is to change the deployment to a multi-machine setup and use a 2008 server as your web server.

That would still leave you without support so I definitely do not recommend it.

• Newbies

I understand there is no support for Server 2012, but we have some other requriements that are forcing us into 2012.

So lastnight I finally got things working. Here is what I did:

1. Add role .Net Framework 3.5 Features

2. Add Windows Process Activation Service

3. Register ASP.Net 2.0 with command prompt C:WindowsMicrosoft.netFrameworkv2.0.50727aspnet_regiis.exe -i

4. I checked the applicationhost.config file to make sure the IIS was pointing to the FileMaker files. (C:WindowsSystem32inetsrvconfig)

When I first started the only applicatin pool for IIS that was running was the DefaultAppPool.

Now I am running

Classic .net

.NET 2.0 Classic

.NET v2.0

Thanks,

Randy

• 9 months later...
  • Newbies

I installed FM Server 11 on a Window Server 2012 without problems. The only thing that does not work is the management console, but, ... browse to it from any PC http://yourserver:16000 and will get the exact same option an are good to go.

Why did I do this? Because there is no clean way to install FM Server 13 on a Windows Server 2012 if you have any web related services running on it, like in my case, Exchange 2013. FM Server 13 does NOT install unless you let it disable your ports 80 and 443, period, no options whatsoever!

Unacceptable, totally, I am the boss, not FM Server! So, either a fix for it is made, or it will never get installed by us or our customers!

I installed FM Server 11 on a Window Server 2012 without problems. The only thing that does not work is the management console, but, ... browse to it from any PC http://yourserver:16000 and will get the exact same option an are good to go.

Why did I do this? Because there is no clean way to install FM Server 13 on a Windows Server 2012 if you have any web related services running on it, like in my case, Exchange 2013. FM Server 13 does NOT install unless you let it disable your ports 80 and 443, period, no options whatsoever!

Unacceptable, totally, I am the boss, not FM Server! So, either a fix for it is made, or it will never get installed by us or our customers!

You keep adding this same post to a lot of old threads.  That's not productive.  Just start a new thread and say what you have to say, instead of repeating it in these old threads.

This topic is 3765 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.