Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Running script with full access privileges:"Check found set"

This topic is 3102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running a script with full access privileges the last line of which is intended to check a found set.

When the script gets to that step it says I dont have the access privileges to correct a spelling error in a record.

My research to date told me that a script running with full access would override the security setting in the privilege set.

Is this an exception or is there more to it?

Putting "exit script" on the end solved the issue, as at presently advised

" the last line of which is intended to check a found set."

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you post a PDF of the script? Your understanding of the override is correct, btw.

Are there multiple files involved? Running a script with full access only gives you that access for tables in the file where that script lives.

Here is the script in working order - the "exit script" command seemed to work.  From my layman's perspective I assume that FMP thinks that the spell check was not initiated in a script - but no doubt someone will set me straight on that.

Another reason to formally end scripts?

invoice_script.pdf

Are you using custom menus?

No - but I am interested in how that affects things

Are there multiple files involved? Running a script with full access only gives you that access for tables in the file where that script lives.

No

Edited by Stickybeak

That was very helpful.

So, the goal of the script "Invoice" is what exactly? Find billable invoice records (if so, call the script that)? And from the script, apparently, a "billable record" has Invoice No = 0.

That logic doesn't seem correct to me. There are also several mistakes in the script:

1. What's the purpose of the Omit Multiple Records?

2. What context are you in when you start? I see that you go to Invoice "Timesheet" and enter Find mode. For better performance,  enter Find Mode and then navigate, so that FM doesn't load any records.

3. Apparently, no matter what the user selects in the dialog if no records are found, the window closes. Why have choices?

4. Check Found Set? For what? Given the first Omit, you might not have any records in the found set to check.

That was very helpful.

So, the goal of the script "Invoice" is what exactly? Find billable invoice records (if so, call the script that)? And from the script, apparently, a "billable record" has Invoice No = 0.

That logic doesn't seem correct to me. There are also several mistakes in the script:

1. What's the purpose of the Omit Multiple Records? I cannot recall now - I am an amateur and its a database only I use

2. What context are you in when you start? I see that you go to Invoice "Timesheet" and enter Find mode. For better performance,  enter Find Mode and then navigate, so that FM doesn't load any records. Thanks

3. Apparently, no matter what the user selects in the dialog if no records are found, the window closes. Why have choices? I will investigate my thinking on that

4. Check Found Set? For what? Spelling - I dont recall any other option

Appreciate the feedback - thanks: Oh, the goal is to present time recording records for me to make a decision as to whether I want send them as an invoice

Edited by Stickybeak

And the user name and password to access the file?

And maybe I'm not up on this - but actually correcting the spelling would happen outside the script, wouldn't it? Which would mean the standard access privileges for that table would be in effect.

And the user name and password to access the file?

And maybe I'm not up on this - but actually correcting the spelling would happen outside the script, wouldn't it? Which would mean the standard access privileges for that table would be in effect.

Sorry about that: I have uploaded another version.  A/c "admin" - no password

The check step seems to work now that I have formally exited the script.

1. What's the purpose of the Omit Multiple Records?

In order to avoid trying to edit a record in 2 windows through the spell checker - I keep timesheet open while considering the Draft Invoice

Counsel Clone.fmp12 2.zip

Counsel Clone.fmp12 2.zip

Edited by Stickybeak

This topic is 3102 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.