JoP

Copy Relationship?

I have a solution with 4 Databases. There is the main-data-database on a Filemaker Server (only data, no relationships in the Table-Occurences (TOs)) and a GUI Database on the Desktop (only Layouts, TO's are included from the Server-Database and on this TO's the relationships are defined, so I can use them in the Layouts. Than I have a 3rd database, which is a subset of the server database and lies on an iPad. This 2 data-databases will be synchronised by MirrorSync. And the 4th Database is a special GUI Database on the iPad which uses the 3rd database for Data. The iPad GUI Database also holds TO's with relationships.

Now, I need a custom privilege set to forbid changes and deletions of records when they are marked as Locked. To see all tables in the privilege dialogs, I can only do this in my data-databases, because in the GUI databases I can't see the tables in the dialogs. But in the data-databases I have no relationships defined, so I can't use related tables in the formulas. Now I have to add these relationships also to the data-databases. Is there a simple way to "copy" them from one database to an other?

Thanks, Hans

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By H
      Hi
      i have 3 Tables Property , Units , Tenant.
      Each property has many units , Each unit has one tenant active but may have many inactive tenants from previous years.
      All working fine BUT.....
      i would need to show a table in the property layout of the units and each one only with its active tenant.
      The portal is based on the units table. 
      However the tenant just show up the tenant that was first input to the unit.
      My question is , how could i get that only the active tenant should show to the unit?
      i would really appreciate it someone could guide me on this.
    • By Hproth
      I'm sure there is a simple solution to this problem, but I can't seem to figure it out!
      I have a custom app that allows the user to write letters amongst other things. 
      Each patient is linked to a GP and a Consultant, when writing a letter to a patient there is the option to CC both the linked GP and Consultant. However, occasionally another GP or Consultant might need to be CC'd in the letter (in addition to the ones already linked to the patient). So I would need the address of this additional consultant/GP to also be CC'd in the letter. For the life of me I can't work out a simple way to do this. 
      Does anyone have any suggestions?
      Thanks in advance.

• By Ponderosa
      Totally not sure if I've put this thread in the right topic category, as I'm not even sure how to go about this. First, I'd like to be very clear on the fact that, if possible, this will be done without scripting. I'm hoping for some kind of calculation. IDK. Anyway, I'm trying to copy or Calc one field from an older record to its newest match (using BatchNum field to match). The two fields are different fields (FormNum is the ID number field) (RefID is the the reference field for FormNum ). RefID would allow the user to find the last time the same arrangement of data (FormNum being its ID number) was used. It's meant as sort of a skipping stone effect, if that makes sense.
      My thought was to create a filtered value list of some kind and just set RefID with the highest ID number from FormNum, prior to the newest entry. Or organize by newest Date Created, prior to the newest entry. Again, IDK.
      I'm quite stumped and hope this rambling makes sense to you very helpful people. Thanking you in advance....
    • By fumblewinter
      The Problem:
      I have a filterable portal (1) displaying contact names from a staff table. I need to click on a contact to add them to a separate portal of invitees (portal 2)  on the same layout (Events) . I then need the original portal to either hide (or in some other way denote) the people already added to the second portal. In other words, it needs to be clear that a person already invited can't be invited again.
      The layout is from the table: Events
      Portal 1 is showing records from Staff (filterable via a global search field)
      Portal 2 is showing records from EventInvitees
      I need Portal 1 to only filter through those staff who haven't been invited yet.
      Any help would be gratefully received.
      I am struggling around using 'conditional formatting', 'hiding when…' options and non-matching field relationships!!
      Thanks in advance!
      Fumblewinter
    • By Lowermountain
      Hello,
      New to Filemaker and new to this forum. Hoping someone can help me out.
      I am working on a personnel planning system with, among others, the tables Employees, Shifts and Availability. 
      tblEmployees has fields like Employee ID
      tblShifts has the fields Employee ID, Start Timestamp, End Timestamp
      tblAvailability has the fields Employee ID, Start Timestamp, End Timestamp and Status
      When in the layout Shifts I want to open a portal in a popup and I want this portal to be sorted by Availability and I want the portal rows with employees to be 'greyed out' when status = 0, green when status = 1 and normal when no Availability is given.
      I basically need to know which records from tblAvailability match records from tblShifts and then which records from tblEmployees match records from tblAvailability.
      How do I go about this? Do I need SQL?
      Hope this is a somewhat clear question. Many thanks!
  • Who Viewed the Topic

11 members have viewed this topic:
    Robert Mota Hawks  V!ncent  gczychi  arni  Lee Smith  fillmore  Ron Cates  Fitch  Lola  OlgerDiekstra  rwoods 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.