Agnes Riley

Hide object based on name

Hi everyone,

I have 3 objects on a layout. I want to hide two, when their name is not in a global variable, aka they are not needed to show. Wrecking my head but can't find a way to do this, because I can't seem to get the name of the button from the button.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Agi

1. Did you give the buttons names?

2. Are you hoping for a script param option that sends "the name of me" as a script parameter?

Seems like item 2 should exist; but it doesn't.

Yes, Bruce, I gave them names. I also sent the parameter.

Yes, that is what I was aiming for, Lee. I just didn't think the Self function would work for some reason. <-- Brain-freeze

Now I only have one issue, the button gets selected (blue highlight frame), so I have to have a commit afterwards, and that's a little annoying. I'll go back to what I did before when I didn't have this issue, since I used a slider. :-)

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the answers. Happy Thanksgiving!

Agi

I realized I didn't need to go to the object anymore since I removed the slider. So all is well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By liamob1
      HELP! I am trying to get my FM layout to have a self aware object. The object is named appropriately and the object (For example, a portal) would then use the name to filter with some form of get(name) method. Can this be done?
       In theory i want singular row portals with the name "Portal 1" to be copy an pasted. When pasting FM will automatically name this "Portal 2" (3,4,5,6 and so on). The filter will then use a "RightValue(Get(Name))" to filter down on this number.  
      CAN THIS BE DONE?   I am racking my brains trying to figure a way of doing this and making this layout dynamic >_<

• By Ian Murphy
      What I want to do is paste the contents of a portal into a text field. (A pretty good analogue of the intended use: I want to send an email to program participants who have requested it; whether they're attending one program or thirty, I want to let them know.)

A couple of years ago, in a solution tracking budgets, I wrote a version of this that worked but used the system's Copy & Paste functions. Having defined the portal as BUDGET_PORTAL, I wrote:

which worked fine (worked well, in fact) - but used the system's clipboard, which isn't desirable.

Looking for advice for accomplishing the same thing via Insert and Get commands.

I thought I had it with the GetLayoutObjectAttribute function, but it seems to want me to define content downstream of a given table, which I don't understand.
    • By Alex Quinlan
      Hi,

I am struggling to achieve what I thought would be a simple button script.

My company table's layout has a portal showing the related personnel through the field - "company_id" in the personnel table. It also has a popover with a second portal which I use to enter the details of the personnel for that company record.

I would like the popover, when I open it through the popover button, to go to a new personnel record.
      I would also like  the "edit personnel" button, which is positioned on each row, to open the same popover but go to that portal row.

At first I had the popover open with a filter on the portal for If [isEmpty (Personnel::First)] which, although ugly, achieved what I wanted. But I think I have to remove that in order to get the edit personnel button to work. So now i'm not sure how to even get the popover to open with the portal aiming at a new record.

For the edit personnel button I tried a few methods. My most recent attempt was -

Set Variable [$row; Value: Get (ActivePortalRowNumber)]
      Go to Object [Object Name: "Add New Personnel Portal"]
      Go to Portal Row [No dialog; $row]

Which obviously didn't work or I wouldn't be here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    • By Gabriel Khaselev
      hello everyone,

have you seen this video? (its only a minute and a half long)

• By MariaAux
      I've got a library with 1000's of books so to make it easier I have placed letters A - Z for the user to click on and bring up only those books starting with that letter.

I really don't want to write 26 different scripts to do a Perform Find for A, B, etc..., so each of the text letters which have the script button attached to them, I gave an object Name A, B etc. and used the script;

Set Variable [ $abc; Value:Get(ActiveLayoutObjectName)]

and then used the variable $abc in my Perform Find.....But it doesn't work! I did some tests but it seems that Get(ActiveLayoutObjectName) doesn't work when clicking on buttons.

Am I mistaken? Is there another easier way to do this other than write 26 seperate scripts for each letter?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.... and have a great weekend

• Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    fileman922  slbr549 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.