By Richard Carlton
We have a new fix for Google Maps in FMSP & the FMI Contacts Starter Solution
Vid 1 - Getting your API Key:
Vid 2 - FMI Contacts Starter Solution Fix
Vid 3 - FMSP Fix
Get up to speed with the FileMaker Video Training Course!
FileMaker is a cross-platform relational database application from FileMaker Inc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileMaker
Top Rated Course by FileMaker Expert, Richard Carlton.
Customer relationship management, processes implemented to manage a company's interactions with customers and prospects
Experience Richard's dynamic and exciting teaching format, while learning both basic, intermediate, and advanced FileMaker development skills. With 26 years of FileMaker experience and a long time speaker at FileMaker's Developer Conference, Richard will teach you all the ins and outs of building FileMaker Solutions.
The course is 50 hours of video content!
Richard has been involved with the FileMaker platform since 1990 and has grown RCC into one of the largest top tier FileMaker consultancies worldwide.
Richard works closely with RCC's staff: a team of 28 FileMaker developers and supporting web designers.
He has offices in California, Nevada, and Texas.
Richard has been a frequent speaker at the FileMaker Developers Conference on a variety of topics involving FileMaker for Startups and Entrepreneurs, and client-server integration.
Richard is the Product Manager for FM Starting Point, the popular and most downloaded free FileMaker CRM Starter Solution.
Looking for FM Starting Point free software download: http://www.fmstartingpoint.com
Richard won 2015 Excellence Award from FileMaker Inc (Apple Inc) for outstanding video and product creation, leading to business development.
RCC, Filemaker Videos, and LearningFileMaker.com are headquartered in Santa Clara, CA.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
FileMaker Pro is simply a powerful software used to create custom apps that work seamlessly across iPad, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and the web
Transform your business with the FileMaker Platform
Free FileMaker Training Videos Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/FileMakerVideos
FileMaker Training -FileMaker Video Training Course-FileMaker News-FileMaker Experts
FileMaker What's New-Top Ten Things To Know About FileMaker -FileMaker News
Sharing a FileMaker Solution-The Basics-Sharing FileMaker Database-FileMaker Experts
A database management system (DBMS) is a computer software application that interacts with the user, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyze data
Official site SDK, Developer's Guide, Reference, and Android Market for the open source project
Video introduction to iOS App Training https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVxQe_yAshw
Free FileMaker videos check out ...http://www.filemakervideos.com
Download the FileMaker Pro & FileMaker GO for mobile devices training videos at http://www.learningfilemaker.com
Download FileMaker Go video training at http://learningfilemaker.com/FMGO-17/index.php
Download FileMaker Full Video Training Bundle at http://learningfilemaker.com/subscription.php
Learn how to use FileMaker to create an app with the FileMaker Training Series
Comment, Like & Share All of Our Videos.
Feel Free to Embed any of Our Videos on Your Blog or Website.
Follow Us on Your Favorite Social Media
By Peter Wagemans
I try to login this morning with google authentication, and the login dialog does not go away. All the rest is standard: Safari comes to the foreground, asks if it can authenticate, I click the OK button. But nothing happens.
restarting FileMaker restarting Safari relogin to Google account another browser ( Vivaldi ) restarting the Mac throwing away com.filemaker.client.advanced12.plist I tried on my old MacBook ( I switched to a new one recently ) and there everything works correctly.
Next thing I will try is to start throwing away caches, but I wonder: did anyone experience this already? How did you solve it? Please do not tell me I have to reinstall my Mac...:-)
Hi. I just tried implementing OAuth using Google for FM16. When I set up my OAuth client ID on Google I stupidly put HTTPS instead of HTTP in the URL of our Filemaker server. So when I clicked on sign in with Google from FM I get an error 400 from Google.
So I went back to my Google Console and fixed the URL. Everything saved fine. But still when I click on sign in with Google from FM it tries to use the incorrect address with HTTPS. It's like it is cached in a preference somewhere and I don't know how to get rid of it. So far I have:
Restarted FMS Restarted the server Turned off Google under client authentication, restarted the server and started again. Tried a fresh install of FM Client on a different computer. Completely deleted my credentials in Google and started with a fresh client ID and done all the above again. Still it tries to use the wrong URL for my server. Although the URL has updated with my new client ID from Google.
I have ran out of ideas. Any help appreciated.
Internet plug-in adds new script steps and online help for FileMaker Pro 16.
Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, June 26, 2017–Troi today announced the immediate availability of Troi URL Plug-in 5.0 for FileMaker Pro 16.
What is Troi URL Plug-in?
Troi URL Plug-in can help you fill in forms on the Internet, all from FileMaker Pro. It also retrieves data or images from web sites.
- use the POST command to fill in a web form and retrieve the result directly in FileMaker Pro
- use the GET command to retrieve data
- use the PUT command to to transfer files or upload data to web servers
- use the DELETE command to delete items on web servers
- use a secure connection (HTTPS) using SSL
- get access to password protected web pages, including those that require OAuth authorization
- get JPEG, PNG and GIF images directly into a container field
- specify cookies and proxy server settings
- send tweets to Twitter with ease!
What is new in version 5.0?
We rewrote Troi URL Plug-in for FileMaker 16 and it now has the following new functionality:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Added new functionality to the TURL_Get function. When getting images, like jpegs the name of the image (like for example img_4321.jpg) is now also added to the container data.
- Fixed a problem with creating the correct OAuth signature for parameters in the TURL_SendAuthorizedRequest function.
- Fixed a problem with the TURL_SendAuthorizedRequest function for urls that contain extra parameters (after a question mark: like www.example.com?page=1).
- Made various minor changes to the example files to better work with FileMaker Pro 16.
- Updated the code by adding improved namespace handling to make the plug-in more robust.
Extra features when running FileMaker Pro 16
Version 5.0 adds the following new features when running in FileMaker 16:
- The URL Plug-in adds multiple script steps when running in FileMaker Pro 16. You can select these script steps in the script steps pane in Script Workspace, or you can begin typing the script step name, then choose the script step from the list that appears. The script steps significantly expand the possible actions you can perform with FileMaker Pro. Only steps that perform an action have been added as a script step. Functions that just return information (like for example TURL_GetLastHTTPStatusCode) are only available as an external function.
The following seven script steps are added:
- Delete URL
- Get URL
- Post URL
- Put URL
- Reinitialize URL Plug-in
- Send Authorization PIN URL
- Send Authorized Request URL
- Added new scripts to several example files, which demonstrate how to use the new external script steps of FileMaker Pro 16. The examples check if FileMaker Pro 16 is running and will select these new scripts.
- Added support for online help for the functions and script steps of the plug-in. You can now easily get online help from the Troi website, by clicking the Help button (the small question mark button) next to the function description in the functions pane or the script step description in the script steps pane.
Apart from these additions we fixed several bugs and made various further improvements. More detailed information on all changes and improvements implemented in Troi URL Plug-in 5.0 can be found at: https://www.troi.com/products/urlplugin/
Pricing & Availability
A fully functional demo version of Troi URL Plug-in 5.0 is available for downloading at: https://www.troi.com/products/urlplugin/
Licenses cost US$ 79 per user. Details on developer licenses and multi-user discounts can be found on our web site. You can order licenses from our web site.
Version 5.0 needs a new registration. The upgrade is free for users who bought a license for Troi URL Plug-in on or after May 24, 2016. Eligible users will be sent a new registration. Contact us if you have not received yours after June 30, 2017.
Upgrades from licenses bought before May 24, 2016 are available from US$ 49 per user. Upgrade prices for other licenses can be found on our web site. You can order upgrades from our web site.