Server Maintenance This Week. ×

New Install - how to seed the server file so there is no initial sync?

This topic is 2266 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I think there was some instructions somewhere, but I cannot find them .

I have a created local file and server file. Both contain the exact same data. I want to deploy this solution, but I want to avoid a massive first-time sync.

How can I avoid a massive first-time sync?

Hey, I'm going from memory here, but to avoid an initial sync, before you deploy the local copy, set ES_Last_Push_UTC_Time, and ES_Last_Pull_UTC_Time to the current UTC using Get ( CurrentTimeUTCMilliseconds ). That will trick the local file into thinking it just synced and it will consider itself up to date (until a record changes on the server or locally).

I think there is also a "last full sync" field somewhere that you may want to set to the current timestamp. But that one should automatically update after your next sync. 

Hey @Joshua Willing Halpern  

Thanks. That's correct. I ended up digging through the sync code and found that to be true. The record time stamps are compared to push and pull time stamps. I just changed LAST PUSH and LAST PULL To my current timestamp before deploying. 

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi,

I am working to implement Easy Sync into a solution that may have 300K records or so.  I am running a test with 225K records and cannot get the initial sync to complete - even when running it on the same LAN as the server (so the fastest possible connection). I tried the suggestions listed in this post to no avail.

There are 5 tables total.  4 of them have 15 records each and the 5th has the 225K records.  There are 10 fields max in each table.

Any suggestions? Am I at the limit of Easy Sync?

This topic is 2266 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.