FM 13 Adv to FM16 Adv

This topic is 2320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi eqitec.

I have approved your topic and moved to the Upgrading and Migration Topic from the Community Articles, Tips, & Techniques because this topic matches the sprite of your question better.

7 hours ago, eqitec said:

Are there any special concerns I should watch out for in going from FM13 Adv to FM16 Adv?

In a word NO.

FileMaker Pro versions12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 all use the same basic engine and are backwards compatible. This means that FMP 16 can read 13 versions without a problem. However, FMP 13 will not be able to recognize or use the new tools, functions, and features added to more new releases.

Bottom line, you are moving in the right direction, IMO, FMPA 16 is the best version ever.

Lee

@eqitec if you update your profile it helps us provide better answers for you. I mention this because if you use Windows, version 16 introduces a major change: instead of a single application window, you now have independent windows. Overall a huge improvement, but it may affect your New Window script steps, depending on how you set them up, and it is a different experience for users -- e.g., the windows appear in the taskbar.

Other than that I agree with Lee, should be no problems as long as your machines meet the hardware and OS specs. 16 and 14 both added many great features. 15 was underwhelming IMHO -- about the best feature there was Undo in the script workspace.

This topic is 2320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.