Strange Web Viewer bug with WebDirect, Chrome, Data URLs and background colours

This topic is 493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

This is a peculiar bug which seems to have appeared with a recent Chrome update.

Create a Web Viewer control with the following content:

"data:text/html,<html><body bgcolor=\"#EEEEEE\">HELLO</body></html>"

Then view the layout in WebDirect in Chrome. You'll notice it doesn't display anything. Remove the bgcolor and it works as expected. It also works in FileMaker.

There are numerous workarounds but I can't find out how to fix it.

Anyone else experienced this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I should've mentioned I'd also tried using CSS (as you suggested) and it didn't work. Just tested again to make sure and it's the same.

11 hours ago, comment said:

I am not in a position to test this, but you might try making your code HTML5 compliant:

<html><body style='background-color: #EEEEEE';>HELLO</body></html>

This topic is 493 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ESpringer
      Dear FMForums folk,
      I'm a long-time personal user, building and working out of my own solutions. (I used to post here often, but for years now have been happily using rather than designing...)
      One of my databases uses FM web viewers as a front-end for my university's moodle (cms platform), tunneling in based on various URLs for students, assignments, etc. 
      In the past, a cms like moodle (and before it we had BlackBoard) would need me to authenticate once, and then all subsequent url queries within a session were served up properly, just as if I were using an ordinary browser.
      With more recent versions of moodle, suddenly authentication fails to survive any transitions at all (from one tab to another, from one record to another, toggling into layout mode and back). It's as if the browser session resets with every step of my workflow. 
      I've just upgraded to FM19 and delayed posting to see if that would help, but I'm still getting the constant authentication roadblocks. 
      What's preventing FileMaker from retaining authentication via PHP in the way that browsers do?
      (I'm running on Mac OS 10.14/Mojave, so it's emulating safari, yes? But Safari itself is having no trouble.)
      Many thanks for any ideas!

• By innodat
      Does anyone know how to fix an image from appearing too small within a container in WebDirect? In FMP it fills the container. Tried to "play" with most settings relating to containers, including margins, frame, etc. - no success. The problem presents itself in Safari in macOS Catalina, as well as Edge on Windows 10

See image attached.
      I sure hope this isn't a bug! Because if it's a bug then it will get fixed... well, never. 

• By Fabian
      My users like using a FTP client as they can upload files "in the background" and keep working in FM. When I want them to upload the files straight through FM, I get compliance issues because of this (files could be 500Mb). If the file is already on the FMS I do PSoS, but when it's on the client desktop using FM will block them from working in FM during upload.
      Is there a good way to achieve uploading from the client in the background, without blocking FM?
    • By steveald
      I would like to use the OnLayoutSizeChange script trigger to control how my WebDirect app window appears on various devices. But I can't find any script steps that are compatible with WebDirect that I can use to make this happen. I had hoped it was as simple as something like If Get(Device) = 4 (iPhone) then Set Zoom Level [50%]. Am I limited to having the script trigger go to different layouts created at different sizes? I would rather not have to duplicate all of the details of the app's layouts for multiple device scenarios.
    • By stan111
      Gents,
      two problems:
      1. I can't access my db file using FilemakerGo. Localhost works, Webdirect - doesn't. 
      2. I can't either access my file via mobile browsers. PC browsers work, mobile - doesn't. Tested on my iPhone with Safari and Chrome.
      Thanks for help.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.