This topic is 452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a couple of questions before I take the plunge back into Filemaker after a long absence.  When purchasing the annual contract can someone explain what a user is?  Is it the number of people that can use filemaker at one time or does everyone that will want to get online need a separate licence?  For instance would I need one licence when I access from at home and one from work.  I might have many people sharing machines etc.

Also there is a limit of "2 GB outbound data transfer per user, per month — tracked annually."  What is this telling me?  My databases will tend to be quite large as we use thousands of hi-res photographs.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"USER" is a person who uses the database someone in it all day and the random user who logs in and views or edits  or creates record.

Each user will have access to use Desktop, FMGo and WebDirect (simultaneously)

My take is the Home/Work is the same user unless you are trying to use them at the same time.

If you have < 25 users but more than 13 users it may be cheaper to get a Site License.

the 2GB data is for use of the DATA API this is once you build your solution to utilized the api it only meters the DATA being served out. Container data is not included in the meter unless you convert your containers to base64 text then it would be sent thru the API.

how many users do you have?

• Ocean West changed the title to Licencing FileMaker

15 users for teams would cost $2520 per year, a 25 user site license is $2175 bringing the seat cost to $87.

with a site license you will be able to have 25 versions of FMServer where as the team licensing you can only have 3. 

Additional if you are going to deploy the DataAPI a 25 license nets you 600 GB of outbound traffic annually, vs 360 with 15 seats.

Let me know if you would like me to facilitate placing your order, may be able to apply a small discount to your purchase. 

Cheers

This topic is 452 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By peter100
      Hi everyone,
      I'm trying to get attaching files go mails generated using FM17 to work. The idea is to attach a variable file to a mail-message generated for a specific record. The filename for the attachment is specific to the record and I've got a field that generates that filename (fileNamejpg01).

I'm using the send mail option in a script (which is working) and the option to attach a file by giving a file path. That file path looks like this:
      file:../../../Desktop/werkmap/Beeldmateriaal/instagram/$fileNamejpg01 
      The variable part is "$fileNamejpg01" and I'm sure I'm doing something really dumb ... but don't find anything that solves the problem (or that I at least understand).
      Hope someone can help!
      Thanks, Peter
    • By Helder Moreira
      I have in my small store, a sales system running on a POS with an extra display, for the customer to see what is being added to the invoice. How do I make the filemaker present on this small monitor the summary of what is being sold?

how can I maker filemaker to display on the second monitor only the invoice.
    • By ch53
      Hello,
      I've come upon a strange phenomenon, and wonder what could have gone wrong: In layout mode, I select gray solid coloring for a couple of fields and their labels, but in Browse mode (both list and table views), the colors fail to show in some instances. Only in form view, everything is displayed as expected. Neither restarting FM nor the PC (win10) helped. I assume that the solution is simple, but somehow I can't come up with it, therefore: Many thanks in advance for helpful comments!

• By John Link
      I'd like to be able to export a text file that would contain several fields from a single record, with each field on a separate line. Here's an example: John Q Public
      111 West First Street
      New York, NY 10001
      How might I do that? I know how to export csv or Excel files, but they don't satisfy my need.
    • By flutegirl
      To try to explain the setup as succinctly as possible:
      Database is running on a FM17 Server (on a Windows virtual(?) machine... Our IT department handles that part).
      The FM database does a number of imports every morning from our primary (4D) database, using an ODBC driver, but I have not found a way to have those imports run successfully from the server, so I have them running on an instance on a secondary user account on my desktop computer.
      The scripts are triggered by adding a record to a table, which is checked every five minutes using an OnTimer script.  I run a separate instance of FM17 on my user account so that I can use the database even if there is an import running.
      This solution has been working (fairly) well for a number of years, but last week, my desktop computer was updated to Mojave (10.14.6), and since that upgrade, it seems that the imports on the secondary account will only run while that user account is active.
      1) Is anyone else doing anything similar, where they have an instance of FM running on a separate user account?
      2) If so, have you had any trouble with Mojave, or have suggestions on what may be going on?
      3) Any suggestions on how to fix this?  My initial thought is to just open the database using FMP on the Server system and try having the imports run from there, but am concerned that might also have problems.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    soundsessential 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.