Sign in to follow this  
genious

fmp17 Licencing FileMaker

I have a couple of questions before I take the plunge back into Filemaker after a long absence.  When purchasing the annual contract can someone explain what a user is?  Is it the number of people that can use filemaker at one time or does everyone that will want to get online need a separate licence?  For instance would I need one licence when I access from at home and one from work.  I might have many people sharing machines etc.

Also there is a limit of "2 GB outbound data transfer per user, per month — tracked annually."  What is this telling me?  My databases will tend to be quite large as we use thousands of hi-res photographs.

"USER" is a person who uses the database someone in it all day and the random user who logs in and views or edits  or creates record.

Each user will have access to use Desktop, FMGo and WebDirect (simultaneously)

My take is the Home/Work is the same user unless you are trying to use them at the same time.

If you have < 25 users but more than 13 users it may be cheaper to get a Site License.

the 2GB data is for use of the DATA API this is once you build your solution to utilized the api it only meters the DATA being served out. Container data is not included in the meter unless you convert your containers to base64 text then it would be sent thru the API.

how many users do you have?

15 users for teams would cost $2520 per year, a 25 user site license is $2175 bringing the seat cost to $87.

with a site license you will be able to have 25 versions of FMServer where as the team licensing you can only have 3. 

Additional if you are going to deploy the DataAPI a 25 license nets you 600 GB of outbound traffic annually, vs 360 with 15 seats.

Let me know if you would like me to facilitate placing your order, may be able to apply a small discount to your purchase. 

Cheers

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jim.weeda
      For about 12 years, we've had a FileMaker database import external data from a .mdb  (Access) database that has data that is downloaded from some equipment.  The process has survived several computer upgrades (Windows XP and Windows 7) and FileMaker version upgrades (created in 7 and currently running in 16).  It broke when we moved into the Windows 10 environment.  The script is set up to retrieve the data from the .mdb file and it says it can't access the file.  So when I dive into the script and try to specify the ODBC connection it now asks for a username and password.  We've never had a user name or password tied to either the .mdb file, the ODBC connection, or the FileMaker file.  But no matter what we try, we can't get past this step.  Is this a bug?  What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
    • By carlsson
      I don't really know what I'm missing here.
      I have two windows next to each other. I want to activate a Script Trigger on Record Load (I have tried On Layout Enter as well) , and it does that fine as long as I'm only having one window open. But not when I'm switching between the windows. Ie, I want the script to run when I enter the Window.
      Isn't this supposed to work?
    • By john9210
      Excel and Filemaker calculates the difference between two dates differently. I always thought that when you subtract two date from one another, the result was the number of full days between the dates.

For example:  Calculate the difference between 1/15/19 – 1/9/19.

There are 5 full days between these dates (10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, and 14th). However, FM and Excel calculations do not result in 5, and they don’t even agree with each other!

In Excel, Difference = 7

In FM, Difference = 6

It seems that when you subtract two dates in Excel the result includes the starting and ending dates and therefore it is not the number full days between the dates. In FM the result seems to include either the starting or ending date (not both), and therefore it also is not the number of full days between the dates.

What gives?

• By amerioca
      Hi everybody,
      looks like I do have a sort of rookie problem here. 
      I created a subsummary report which is sorted by a break field and all works fine. All is fine in layout and preview mode. Just in browse mode I seem to have a problem.  There is a large grey empty area just underneath of the subsummary part showing.  Anyone with an idea what it is I messed up here? I already googled but just found 1 similar report from 2010. Sort of optically annoying.
      Any help is highly appreciated.

• By amerioca
      Hi everyone
      I am working with filemaker on and off for the last recent years but, no doubts about it, I am still a rookie.
      lately I have created a db similar to a booking engine for shore excursions for river cruise ships. Lots of modules, layouts, scripts etc. As I really have to work with my limited knowledge, it took a long time and is not really constructed in a way any pro would do it with a lot of workarounds and probably sort of unorthodox. However, it works just fine for me and I am sort of proud, to have gotten to the point where I am. However, I am afraid, that I corrupted the whole thing somehow.
      No I am trying to integrate a sort of an accounting layout consisting out of a summary or subsummary report. The report contains fields from  4 related tables. and a summary field. The db has some 5 different tables and around 35 different active layouts. First problem is that my subsummary part, which I created with the New Layout/Report assistant, does not show up at all in browse mode. I have tried to base the layout on all 4 tables, but it seems not to be working.
      The second problem is that the summary field is not working and producing some random weired numbers instead of the summary of the field it is assigned to. On the attached pics I have placed the summary field into the bottom in order to demonstrate the results. In every ordinary case it is located in the subsummary part. I have played around here a lot. deleted it, created a new field, created a new layout etc, etc, but it just won't calculate the value of the field it is assinged to.
      Anyone any idea, of what am I doing wrong here? Tnx for any help in advance.

• Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    comment 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.