Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Licencing FileMaker

This topic is 1839 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a couple of questions before I take the plunge back into Filemaker after a long absence.  When purchasing the annual contract can someone explain what a user is?  Is it the number of people that can use filemaker at one time or does everyone that will want to get online need a separate licence?  For instance would I need one licence when I access from at home and one from work.  I might have many people sharing machines etc.

Also there is a limit of "2 GB outbound data transfer per user, per month — tracked annually."  What is this telling me?  My databases will tend to be quite large as we use thousands of hi-res photographs.

"USER" is a person who uses the database someone in it all day and the random user who logs in and views or edits  or creates record.

Each user will have access to use Desktop, FMGo and WebDirect (simultaneously)

My take is the Home/Work is the same user unless you are trying to use them at the same time.

If you have < 25 users but more than 13 users it may be cheaper to get a Site License.

the 2GB data is for use of the DATA API this is once you build your solution to utilized the api it only meters the DATA being served out. Container data is not included in the meter unless you convert your containers to base64 text then it would be sent thru the API.

how many users do you have?

15 users for teams would cost $2520 per year, a 25 user site license is $2175 bringing the seat cost to $87.

with a site license you will be able to have 25 versions of FMServer where as the team licensing you can only have 3. 

Additional if you are going to deploy the DataAPI a 25 license nets you 600 GB of outbound traffic annually, vs 360 with 15 seats.

Let me know if you would like me to facilitate placing your order, may be able to apply a small discount to your purchase. 

Cheers

This topic is 1839 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.