Server Maintenance This Week. ×

interactive elements

This topic is 7394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In Filemaker (5.5), is it possible to create an element in the layout that is "draggable" by the user? I have a image (of a map) in a container field and would like users to place a dot on where they would like to go. Can anyone provide a workaround solution or some advice? Cheers!

Hi Pmusaev,

There has been some discussion recently in the Forums about this. Unfortunately, I don't think you will be able to find it because of this weekend's problems.

Here is a FREE file that may be of help.

US State Buttons By: Brad Stanford URL: click here

HTH

Lee cool.gif

Hi,

OK, here's my followup to yesterday, which took me longer than I had hoped. I increased the number and decreased the layout size of the repeating container fields. Now you can really pinpoint on a map. The red dot is my house, by the way.

And this got me thinking about how to use grids like this, and how I've been thinking for some time about how to produce scatterplots within FM. So here's what I've been working on. I'd love to hear what you think. Once you plot the data, click on the points and you'll see the underlying values.

The data file has only 26 cases. My fear is that this could really take a long time to run with a few thousand points. I'm thinking about some ways around that, like copying all of the data to the ScatterPlot file at the front end.

My wife, just to vex me, said, "so when are you adding the regression line?" I don't think I could get a line to draw (or could I?), but an R square and some other stats might not be out of the question. Are there any examples of higher-level statistical computations out there?

Anyway, thanks for any input.

Dan

This topic is 7394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.