Screen redraw problems

This topic is 7283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've encountered a screen redraw problem when scrolling a long list of records. There are actually two. In the first, the screen does not always redraw correctly with the result that in list view one record appears overlapping a 2d appearance of the same record. This is somewhat sporadic, but it happens enough to be noticeable.

The more serious problem is that when scrolling a long list of records (1,069 in this case), the further down one scrolls a blank white space begins to appear at the top of the window which gets progressively wider until by the time I scroll to record 1,050 the entire screen is white with no records at all showing.

I've been able to reproduce this on both WinXP and Mac OS X, Panther using the same database. (This is the trial version in each case as I'm awaiting the delivery of FMP7Dev.)

Decker

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP & Moc OS X 10.3.3

I had a similar issue when testing Instant Web Publishing. The list view was problematic, leaving some of the filed misaligned, shifted vertically in most cases.

I called tech support, and of course they said they hadn't heard of this and said it must be my machine... well all three machines that I testing this one with the same results.

When I tried it on my home PCs, it seemed to work fine. I'm wondering if it doesn't have something to do with the video card compatibility. My home machines have a heavy duty video card, more suitable for games and such, where all the work computers have just a standard video card.

I've seen this with FMP {not IWP], and my record lists aren't even long.

Also, I have another problem where fields and even field descriptors in the first few records do not display sometimes. If I scroll a record forward, then back, it usually refreshes properly. At first, I thought it might be related to large screens (1200 x 1600), but I see it at 768 x124 as well.

This is the 30-day version download.

Ken

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows 2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Same problem here on my Macintosh PowerBook G4 with Panther 10.3.3. I hope FileMaker gets it that this is a real bug.

I developed a work-around that may work in many situations where a script leaves you with an funky screen. It forces a screen redraw by first adding then subtracting a pixel to the window width.

Set Field [ My_database::global_number ; Get ( WindowWidth ) ]

Move/Resize Window [ Current Window ; Width: My_database::global_number + 1 ]

Move/Resize Window [ Current Window ; Width: My_database::global_number - 1 ]

Refresh Window

...screen should appear correct at this point

Hope it works for somebody.

I've encountered the same thing (redraw problem) when doing the following:

From the scripts menu, create a script that does anything. Then execute the script from the scripts menu. You should be left with a "ghost" of the scripts menu on your screen even though the script executed succesfully.

Anyone else seen this?

FileMaker Version: Dev 7

Platform: Windows XP

This topic is 7283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.