Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Supressing the <No Access> Records

This topic is 6723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to configure a Filemaker database so that users can log in via the web and view certain records based upon a calculation for custom web privileges that I've set up (each user account has a slightly different calculation). I've also enabled Instant Web Publishing.

That part works fine. (I also enabled Instant Web Publishing.)

The problem is that the records that are screened out also appear, though they have the notation <No Access> rather than the actual information contained in their record.

My question is how can I easily suppress the display of these <No Access> records.

Thanks.

no access

instant web publishing

calculation for custom web privileges

FileMaker Version: 7

Platform: Windows XP

you would have to script the user's actions to control the found set that appears. Menu commands such as "show all records" would have to be disabled, and replaced with your own script which would find all records to which the user has access. All subsequent finds would have to constrain that found set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Carlisle -

Generally, I assume that web users have no clue as to how Filemaker works and I therefore avoid using "find" at all (even for FM clients, when possible). Instead, I try to constrain via relationships/calculations what any user can see.

If you're providing a generalized search capability (say you have an open table or tables of catalogued information), I would allow the user to set globals and then use those globals behind the scenes to return a found/constrained set.

• 1 year later...

This topic is 6723 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.