Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script to make modifications to a found set

This topic is 7317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to make a script to make a change to a found set of records. I find the customer's job by name, and then I want to change the "Shipped" field from either a blank entry or NO, to "YES". There can be several entries for each customer/job. I get hung up trying to pause the script to find the customer (it keeps wanting to find my last find). I know I then need to do a 'replace', but I again get hung up navigating to the "Shipped" field to make the change, and then how to do it! Any help would be appreciated.

S.D.

FileMaker Version: 5

Platform: Windows XP

S.D.:

In your script, you've probably got your Find set to "Restore", which is why it is repeating an old find.

Once you've done the find, you can just do a loop and SetField ["Shipped", "YES"] for each record...

-Stanley

• Newbies

I don't have the Find set to "Restore", but I still can't get it to prompt me for the name of the customer. I did try the SetField as follows:

Loop

["Shipped", "YES"]

End Loop

but what happens is that it SOMETIMES changes ONE record to YES and none of the others. Plus, it never does exit out of the loop, I hit escape after it has run for a long time.

Any ideas?

Suzanne

This topic is 7317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.