Importing Script

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

I should start with version 7 in a few days and have tested the trial version, but I cant make following:

When I should convert my old FM5.0 database I think I should start from scratch but its a lot of scripts and saving time I figure about reusing the scripts.

I tryed import scripts to the trial version. I can see the scripts but not mark them and not import them into FM7.

So my question is:

Is it possible import scripts from an old FM5 database or should I convert it to FM7 before I import the script? Or is it impossible?

Best regards

-Per

As Ralph says, you don't need as many scripts. In particular look at the Menu, Format ->Field Behaviour dialog, which eliminates "field only enterable in Find mode" scripts.

Also, a new feature to the Button attach scripts dialog is that Set Field is now available. So 1-step Set Field scripts run by buttons can now be defined at the button level, eliminating needing a script in Scriptmaker. Great for "message" scripts, setting a date field to today, etc..

Repetitive scripts can sometimes be consolidated by passing a parameter instead, from different buttons.

This topic is 7253 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.