Combining data for a label

This topic is 6958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am newbie with FM and trying to print labels ( this I can do) but I want to group data.

e.g I have the following data in two different rows:

J2 1-7-2005 CS-00000367 Acuvue 2 BC 8.7/DIA 14.0 PWR: -5.00 1 Mr Jones , 123 smith st

J2 1-7-2005 CS-00000367 Acuvue 2 BC 8.7/DIA 14.0 PWR: -5.25 1

Mr Jones , 123 smith st

I would like to print ONE label if the CS number is the same containing different PWR fields.

e.g LABEL:

CS-00000367

Mr Jones , 123 smith st

J2 Acuvue 2 -5.25 x 1

J2 Acuvue 2 -5.00 x 1

Is it possible do something like this. Do I need to write a script?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Hi jdev68,

First thing I would do is split this string to its finite parts (and keep it that way) so you don't have to keep breaking it apart again. You may even want a relational structure with CS & Name in another table.

It's fairly simple to make one field (text) appear like a summary report.

I was unsure whether your 'rows' were records or multiline but you should be able to adjust it. I'm unclear where (in that string) your variables may appear. I assume the Name & Address would adjust in length. The rest of the string looks consistent (a fixed-length field) type; however, two records is simply NOT enough data to form a pattern wink.gif

Anyway, attached sample combines a calculation with a conditional Value List in merge fields which can be placed on labels.

You will then need to perform a find for unique labels in which to print - notice record 1 & 2 are identical labels. And what happens if there is more detail than will fit onto one label? You may have to adjust some font sizes and such. crazy.gif

I should fine-tune it a bit more but it's almost 4 AM here and I'm spent ...

LaRetta

Labels.zip

I will have a look at your script

There are none. crazy.gif

Script doesn't parse this, loop or write records. Only calculations and value list. Specify Button performs the find for the unique labels.

I just didn't want you to think you were insane when you opened Script Maker and it was blank. I've done that before - expect something and have it empty! It's an eerie feeling. biglaff.gif

This topic is 6958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.